KPA500 (S/N 82) Power Out Problem....

W5RDW
Last night, I turned on my K3/KAT500/KPA500 as normal and upon CW key up, all the Power (W) LEDs lit up across the scale. The Fault LED was not lit. The VSWR was good. The KPA500 reads 640 watts ?? Pout with nominal drive power (15 watts) from the K3. The CUR is not reading any current. This happens on all bands 160 to 6M. All was working yesterday with no problems. I took the KAT500 out of the chain and ran the K3 directly into the amp input and then the amp output into a high power dummy load/watt meter. I only read the K3 nominal power out (set to 15 watts) on the watt meter.

I re-seated all the cables between the rig/tuner/PA. Has anyone experienced this on their KPA500?

Roger W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Roger W5RDW

Re: KPA500 (S/N 82) Power Out Problem....

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft
Administrator
Did you mistakenly turn on demo mode in the menu?

Eric
elecraft.com
_..._

> On Sep 16, 2015, at 5:14 PM, W5RDW <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Last night, I turned on my K3/KAT500/KPA500 as normal and upon CW key up, all
> the Power (W) LEDs lit up across the scale. The Fault LED was not lit. The
> VSWR was good. The KPA500 reads 640 watts ?? Pout with nominal drive power
> (15 watts) from the K3. The CUR is not reading any current. This happens on
> all bands 160 to 6M. All was working yesterday with no problems. I took the
> KAT500 out of the chain and ran the K3 directly into the amp input and then
> the amp output into a high power dummy load/watt meter. I only read the K3
> nominal power out (set to 15 watts) on the watt meter.
>
> I re-seated all the cables between the rig/tuner/PA. Has anyone experienced
> this on their KPA500?
>
> Roger W5RDW
> Murphy, TX
>

> -----
> Roger W5RDW

Re: KPA500 (S/N 82) Power Out Problem....

W5RDW
>Did you mistakenly turn on demo mode in the menu?

>Eric
>elecraft.com

Yep, sure did and that fixed it! Many thanks, Eric!

Now, a good nights sleep! :)
Roger W5RDW