KX1 KXPD1 tips?

Barry N1EU
I'd appreciate any tips on how to get my KX1/KXPD1 to behave better.  In the past, I've found the keying errors to be controllable by limiting my speed to 22wpm.  But today, I used the KX1/KXPD1 on a cold and damp mountain summit (SOTA W2/GC-104) and I found it almost impossible to send code without the rig inserting extra cw elements.  I decreased speed to 18wpm, but it still was VERY problematic.

Appreciate any advice on making the KXPD1 more reliable.

73,
Barry N1EU

Re: KX1 KXPD1 tips?

Heinz Baertschi
I would greatly appreciate a aftermarket "KX1-KXPD3 Adapter" (to swap the KXPD3 easily between KX3 and KX1)!!!

Maybe this could be realized/offered by the "KX3 Heatsink project" people???

73,
Heinz HB9BCB

Barry N1EU wrote