[KX1, LDG Z11] Builders For Hire

Daniel Paul Perez
I was considering building or hiring someone to build a KX-1 30/80.

To help me with making that decision I thought I’d revisit a 4 or 5 year
old tuner kit I had on the shelf to help sort it out.  I have a
progressive physical disability that has now brought me to the point
where it is hard to solder components.  I have, in kit form, a partially
built LDG Z-11 Automatic Antenna Tuner. It’s two boards, 100 components,
400 solder joints.  I’ve inserted 60-70 components, wound toroids,
transformer and soldered about 10-15 capacitors with Kester 2% silver
solder.  Essentially, I've put it together but can't solder it.

I’ve tried emailing three or four people on the Elecraft “Builders for
Hire” page but have received emails bounced back as they’re obsolete.  I
also called the owner of LDG who could/would not offer any assistance
but suggested the Elecraft reflector.

Is there an Elecraft builder on this listserv who’d be interested in
finishing out this kit with me?

Best,

Dan, AD1P

Re: [KX1, LDG Z11] Builders For Hire

Phil LaMarche-2

I can highly recommend Doug Shields who is an engineer and does great work.
Very reasonable and everything is done professionally.

 Doug Shields W4DAS [hidden email]

Philip LaMarche
LaMarche Enterprises, Inc.
www.instantgourmetspices.com

www.w9dvm.com
800-395-7795 pin 02
727-944-3226
FAX 727-937-8834
NASFT 30210

K3  #1605

CCA 98  00827
W9DVM

Re: [KX1, LDG Z11] Builders For Hire

daleputnam

Hi Dan,
  I would be happy to solder it together for you.. and build the KX1 if you want. I have 4 AT rigs in the final stages, and one or two ahead of you... so I will be a bit slow...
  If I can help, I sure would.
  Oh.. no charge either. or I should more accurately say, for neither... just the shipping.. to and from.. ok?

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy