Quantcast

KX1 antenna help

n8ewy
Hello all.

I am wondering what the groups opinions are about the best end fed antenna
lengths would be for taking my newly built KX1 mobile?

I have a bunch of #534 wire from wireman coming today.  My KX1 has the 30/80
board and ATU on board as well.

I would assume that radials would be appropriate.  How many?  How long?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Dohn  N8EWY

Re: KX1 antenna help

John W2XS
"I am wondering what the groups opinions are about the best end fed antenna
lengths would be for taking my newly built KX1 mobile? "

For 40, 30, and 20 meters, I use a 42-foot wire with a large nut on the end.  The wire is thrown over a tree branch.  A Pomona BNC-to-Bindng Posts adaptor is used.  Three counterpoise wires cut to one quarter wave for each band (approx. 33', 23', and 16.5') are connected to the ground binding post.

I have worked EU DX from my dining room table with the antenna wire going over the top of the back door out to a tree limb and the counterpoise wires spread out in the other direction on the floor.

72,

John W2XS