KX2 display on start-up

Gary Hawkins
I see the same issue with my KX3.  However, since it goes away after a
couple of seconds I've got use to it.  Anyone have ideas on the cause?

73's Gary K6YOA

On 2/1/2017 4:25 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 13:41:20 +0000
> From: Stephen Prior<[hidden email]>
> To: Elecraft<[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Elecraft] KX2 display on start-up
>
> Just received my KX2 and I'm very pleased with it, although fitting the ATU
> was a challenge, even after having read the updated information on it!
>
> Anyway, I believe all is well but there is something that I don't
> understand.  If the KX2 has been off for a while, when I turn it on I get
> some random parts of characters, mainly along the bottom half of the
> display.  They remain there for about 3 seconds until the display
> illumination comes on and the rest of the display disappears.  This is
> absolutely no big deal unless it's a sign of some issue somewhere that has
> yet to rear its ugly head!
>
> Running latest (2.69) firmware.  I have a K3 and KX3 and have never noticed
> this behaviour with them.
>
> 73 Stephen
>
> G4SJP

Re: KX2 display on start-up

Stephen G4SJP
Hi Gary

I had a reply from Wayne, it's quite normal apparently, almost a
'feature'!  Funnily enough I have never seen this with my KX3.

73, Stephen G4SJP

On 2 February 2017 at 00:53, Gary Hawkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see the same issue with my KX3.  However, since it goes away after a
> couple of seconds I've got use to it.  Anyone have ideas on the cause?
>
> 73's Gary K6YOA

>> Message: 4
>> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 13:41:20 +0000
>> From: Stephen Prior<[hidden email]>
>> To: Elecraft<[hidden email]>
>> Subject: [Elecraft] KX2 display on start-up
>>
>> Just received my KX2 and I'm very pleased with it, although fitting the
>> ATU
>> was a challenge, even after having read the updated information on it!
>>
>> Anyway, I believe all is well but there is something that I don't
>> understand.  If the KX2 has been off for a while, when I turn it on I get
>> some random parts of characters, mainly along the bottom half of the
>> display.  They remain there for about 3 seconds until the display
>> illumination comes on and the rest of the display disappears.  This is
>> absolutely no big deal unless it's a sign of some issue somewhere that has
>> yet to rear its ugly head!
>>
>> Running latest (2.69) firmware.  I have a K3 and KX3 and have never
>> noticed
>> this behaviour with them.
>>
>> 73 Stephen
>>
>> G4SJP

Re: KX2 display on start-up

kstover
South Atlantic Anomaly.

On 2/1/2017 6:53 PM, Gary Hawkins wrote:

> I see the same issue with my KX3.  However, since it goes away after a
> couple of seconds I've got use to it.  Anyone have ideas on the cause?
>
> 73's Gary K6YOA

>> Message: 4
>> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 13:41:20 +0000
>> From: Stephen Prior<[hidden email]>
>> To: Elecraft<[hidden email]>
>> Subject: [Elecraft] KX2 display on start-up
>>
>> Just received my KX2 and I'm very pleased with it, although fitting
>> the ATU
>> was a challenge, even after having read the updated information on it!
>>
>> Anyway, I believe all is well but there is something that I don't
>> understand.  If the KX2 has been off for a while, when I turn it on I
>> get
>> some random parts of characters, mainly along the bottom half of the
>> display.  They remain there for about 3 seconds until the display
>> illumination comes on and the rest of the display disappears. This is
>> absolutely no big deal unless it's a sign of some issue somewhere
>> that has
>> yet to rear its ugly head!
>>
>> Running latest (2.69) firmware.  I have a K3 and KX3 and have never
>> noticed
>> this behaviour with them.
>>
>> 73 Stephen
>>
>> G4SJP