KX2 internal speaker

Elecraft mailing list
I thought I read something about this recently, but I can't find the thread in the Elecraft nabble archives.

Frequently when I power-on my KX2, the internal speaker is dead. To get it working again, I remove the internal battery, jiggle the speaker wires, replace the internal battery and back of the rig, power it up, and the speaker works again. I can't see any worn spots in the insulation of the speaker wire.

What should I check next?

Thanks,

--ae0mm

Re: KX2 internal speaker

Hajo Dezelski
Hi,

I have the same problem. The sound stops even during operation and I
have to fiddle with the speaker wires to get it working again. The
sound via the headphones is not interupted.

73 de Hajo dl1sdz
Gruss
Hajo

---
Cela est bien dit, mais il faut cultiver notre jardin.

http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.de/

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 6:23 PM, AE0MM via Elecraft
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I thought I read something about this recently, but I can't find the thread in the Elecraft nabble archives.
>
> Frequently when I power-on my KX2, the internal speaker is dead. To get it working again, I remove the internal battery, jiggle the speaker wires, replace the internal battery and back of the rig, power it up, and the speaker works again. I can't see any worn spots in the insulation of the speaker wire.
>
> What should I check next?
>
> Thanks,
>

> --ae0mm

Re: KX2 internal speaker

Brendon Whateley
If it is similar to the KX3, where the connector on the speaker can be
fitted backward... you might want to try turning it around.

Regards,
- Brendon
KK6AYI