KX2: mini-banana plug

Stephen G4SJP
Had my KX2 some days now and very pleased with it.  I thought I would buy
some mini-banana plugs for the counterpoise, but they are too small to
properly fix in the hole provided.  I had assumed that the KX2GNDPLUG would
be a standard size.  Postage from USA makes for a very expensive little
item.

The mini-banana plugs as available from the likes of Amazon are 2mm
diameter.  I can only assume that the KX2GNDPLUG is bigger?

Thanks for any comments,

73, Stephen G4SJP  (KX2 #1200).

Re: KX2: mini-banana plug

Stephen G4SJP
Further to my previous message, thanks to Ben W4SC,  I have identified the
plug I need.

For UK readers, put Pomona 2945-0 into your favourite auction site and you
will find several at decent prices.

73, Stephen G4SJP

On 8 February 2017 at 16:13, Stephen Prior <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Had my KX2 some days now and very pleased with it.  I thought I would buy
> some mini-banana plugs for the counterpoise, but they are too small to
> properly fix in the hole provided.  I had assumed that the KX2GNDPLUG would
> be a standard size.  Postage from USA makes for a very expensive little
> item.
>
> The mini-banana plugs as available from the likes of Amazon are 2mm
> diameter.  I can only assume that the KX2GNDPLUG is bigger?
>
> Thanks for any comments,
>
> 73, Stephen G4SJP  (KX2 #1200).

Re: KX2: mini-banana plug

Bob Nielsen-4
The Pomona 2945-0 uses a set screw to secure the wire.  Pomona 3690-0
and 4617-0 also fit the KX2 but the wire is soldered to the plug.

73, Bob N7XY