* MIN SUPPLY VOLTAGE NOW 7.5 V (was 8.0): Increases operating time
when using an 8-cell NiMH battery pack. Recommended max power output
is 3 W when operating from less than 9 volts, although 5 watts is
possible in most cases.
* KEY OUT (ACC2) FOLLOWS CW DELAY SETTING: Prevents excessive
switching of external equipment being keyed by the KX3’s KEY OUT line.
Set desired delay using DLY switch.
* VOX AUTO-OFF OPTION AT POWER-UP: Tap '4' in CW WGHT menu entry to
select VOX NOR or VOX AUTO OFF. With AUTO OFF selected, VOX for CW,
voice, and audio-based data modes will all be disabled on power-up.
* IMPROVED HANDLING OF UNINTENTIONAL KEYING ON POWER-UP: Includes two
new error messages: ERR VOX (voice or audio-data mode VOX was
activated) and ERR ACP (PTT was activated via the ACC2 jack with the
given setting of the ACC2 IO menu entry). In the ERR VOX case, VOX is
turned off. In the ERR ACP case, ACC2 IO is set to OFF.
* UP/DN MIC FUNCTIONS DISABLED IN AF DATA MODES: In this case the user
will have a PC audio cable, not an MH3, plugged in at the mic jack.
Eliminates the need to change the MIC BTN menu setting when switching
from voice to audio data modes.