KX3 Power Cord

N0AZZ
Which wire is the positive on the cable the one with the long striped lines?
or the other which I think is the negitive. Looked on line and in the boob
can't find.

Fred/N0AZZ

Re: KX3 Power Cord

Don Wilhelm-4
Fred,

I never can remember, but my ohmmeter will tell me in an instant. Stick
one probe in the center conductor and check each lead for continuity -
the one with continuity is the positive lead.

On 1/16/2013 7:34 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
> Which wire is the positive on the cable the one with the long striped lines?
> or the other which I think is the negitive. Looked on line and in the boob
> can't find.

Re: KX3 Power Cord

Bruce Beford-2
Fred, It -is- in the manual, on page 4, under POWER SUPPLY:

"A power cable with a 2.1-mm plug is supplied. The
wire with the white stripe is positive. Trim the cable
to the desired length. Plug the cable into the 9-15
VDC jack, shown at left in the illustration below."

But, as Don says, when in doubt, your ohmmeter will reveal reality.
73,
Bruce, N1RX

> Which wire is the positive on the cable the one with the long striped
> lines? or the other which I think is the negitive. Looked on line and
>  in the boob can't find.

Re: KX3 Power Cord

N0AZZ
Thanks to all who replied was too early in the morning I guess, a CRS
moment.

Thx & 73,
Fred/N0AZZ

I never can remember, but my ohmmeter will tell me in an instant. Stick
one probe in the center conductor and check each lead for continuity -
the one with continuity is the positive lead.

On 1/16/2013 7:34 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
> Which wire is the positive on the cable the one with the long striped
lines?
> or the other which I think is the negitive. Looked on line and in the boob
> can't find.

Re: KX3 Power Cord

Holger Schurig-2
Don, better use a Voltmeter, not an Ohmmeter ;-)

2013/1/16 Fred Smith <[hidden email]>

> Thanks to all who replied was too early in the morning I guess, a CRS
> moment.
>
> Thx & 73,
> Fred/N0AZZ

Re: KX3 Power Cord

Holger Schurig-2
Oops, I wrote complete bulls..t.

2013/1/16 Holger Schurig <[hidden email]>

> Don, better use a Voltmeter, not an Ohmmeter ;-)
>

> 2013/1/16 Fred Smith <[hidden email]>
>
>> Thanks to all who replied was too early in the morning I guess, a CRS
>> moment.
>>
>> Thx & 73,
>> Fred/N0AZZ

Re: KX3 Power Cord

How do I use a voltmeter to check continuity on a power cord connected
to nothing other than the meter?

On 1/16/2013 9:48 AM, Holger Schurig wrote:

> Don, better use a Voltmeter, not an Ohmmeter ;-)
>

> 2013/1/16 Fred Smith <[hidden email]>
>
>> Thanks to all who replied was too early in the morning I guess, a CRS
>> moment.
>>
>> Thx & 73,
>> Fred/N0AZZ

Re: KX3 Power Cord

Raymond Sills
It's always a good idea to double check with a meter.  It's not
inconceivable that the power cord might later on get mixed up with
similar type cords... which might use a different color coding
system.  If in doubt...... measure.

73 de Ray
K2ULR
KX3 #211