KX3 - UHF emissions

KX3 - UHF emissions – Hi, I've noticed that my pair of scanners often receive strong spurii from my KX3's receiver, in the UHF mil air band. Whilst the spurii can ...
As this message doesn't appear to be on the forum, I guess the attachments were the problem, so I'm reposting the original and I've put the atta...
Here are two more screen grabs for KX3 on and off, but just looking at the frequency range 100MHz to 500MHz. Everything else is the same betwee...
Hi Dave, Thanks for performing this comparison test. I admit that I found it difficult to perform repeatable measurements, as levels varied b...
Hi Darren, I have a later KX3, number 5111, with similar options to you, built in ASTU and KX3 hardware, but I don't have the battery charger...
Hi Dave, I've have just repeated my measurements of the 7.080Mhz sprog on 398.4MHz and posted some screen-shots on my blog. See here: http:/...
Hi Darren, and everyone else following this... I've found it! Very low level, but by zeroing in on 385 to 386MHz I found a small signal that...
Thanks for following up on this Dave, it is really appreciated. At least I know that it's not just my KX3 now. Cheers, Darren, G0HWW ...
Very sorry, there's a typo in my message. The 1st screen shot (timed at 11:22) is with the KX3 off and the one at 11:23 is KX3 on. Sorry for...
I'd very much like to see a response from Elecraft on this one; perhaps they are running some tests of their own? If proven, maybe some sort of ...
"Dave Lankshear" <dave@...> wrote: > I'd very much like to see a response from Elecraft on this one.... Hi Dave, It ma...
Hi, The #61 ferrite torroids and snap-ons arrived today. I've confirmed that the sproggies I'm receiving in my other radios aren't being picke...
Hi Wayne and others, Thanks for the response. Yes, I've tried the KX3 on internal power, with no cables, of any kind, connected, and the sp...
I need to add to my UK <--> US dictionary: UK=Sproggy US=Spurious emission?? 73, Fred K6DGW - Northern California Contest Club -...
On 6/24/2014 7:48 PM, Fred Jensen wrote: > I need to add to my UK <--> US dictionary: > > UK=Sproggy US=Spurious emission??...
Well, I've always thought of sproggies as spurious emissions, i.e. external to the source, whereas I've thought of birdies as internal interferen...
I can back Darren up on this, sprogs and sproggies are common slang words used in Amateur Radio and the Radio/TV industries in the UK to mean ...
Hi Dave, Well, the only time that I've specifically investigated one of these spurs, was with my KX3 tuned to 7.080Mhz. The only reason why I...
In the UK the term "Sprogs" has been applied to offspring. Possibly, because some of the electronic definitions apply... :-) 73...
On 6/24/2014 5:44 PM, Darren Long wrote: > According to the Home Office, a graver > problem than politcal flak are the "spurious emis...
OK Darren, I just try to keep up with all my comrades, separated as we are by a common language. Thanks 73, Fred K6DGW - Northern Califo...
Yes, they should learn to speak English. :) 73 Fred, AE6QL -----Original Message----- >From: Jim Brown <jim@...> >Sent: Jun 2...
On 6/24/2014 12:00 PM, Darren Long wrote: > I already have a ferrite on the I/Q cable, but that doesn't help. The root cause of what you ar...
Hi Jim, Thanks for the informative response. I dug up a fairly hefty blue torroid that a colleague gave me some time ago when I was lamenting...
N/m. Just saw that you've tried the RX ISO. matt On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:00:52 +0100, you wrote: >Hi, > >I've noticed that my...
You might want to enable the isolation amp in the KX3's RX. That setting can be accessed in the MENU as RX ISO. Not sure this will solve your ...
If you have an early KX3, you probably need KX3BNCMDKT, a new BNC connector assembly with some inline filtering. See: http://www.elecraft.com/...