KX3 firmware wish

Erlend Grimseid
When switching to data modes, the mic btn and mic bias settings in the menu
is disabled.
I use vox in some settings and have rigged a cable with ptt for my TNC.
Also if i forget to turn of mic bias before connecting my smartphone, the
phone goes crazy and thinks I'm pushing buttons on my headset.

With the current firmware I have to go to voice mode, change settings and
then back to data A mode.

Would it be possible to enable changing mic settings in data mode?

73
De
LA4TTA
Erlend

Re: KX3 firmware wish

John Pitz
I would like to second that request!

On Thu, 2016-07-07 at 09:39 +0200, Erlend Grimseid wrote:

> When switching to data modes, the mic btn and mic bias settings in the menu
> is disabled.
> I use vox in some settings and have rigged a cable with ptt for my TNC.
> Also if i forget to turn of mic bias before connecting my smartphone, the
> phone goes crazy and thinks I'm pushing buttons on my headset.
>
> With the current firmware I have to go to voice mode, change settings and
> then back to data A mode.
>

> Would it be possible to enable changing mic settings in data mode?
>
> 73
> De
> LA4TTA
> Erlend

Re: KX3 firmware wish

geoff allsup
already done in the latest beta MCU 2.66 according to Elecraft website

geoff - W1OH

On 7/7/16 09:14, John Pitz wrote:

> I would like to second that request!
>

> On Thu, 2016-07-07 at 09:39 +0200, Erlend Grimseid wrote:
>
>> When switching to data modes, the mic btn and mic bias settings in the menu
>> is disabled.
>> I use vox in some settings and have rigged a cable with ptt for my TNC.
>> Also if i forget to turn of mic bias before connecting my smartphone, the
>> phone goes crazy and thinks I'm pushing buttons on my headset.
>>
>> With the current firmware I have to go to voice mode, change settings and
>> then back to data A mode.
>>

>> Would it be possible to enable changing mic settings in data mode?
>>
>> 73
>> De
>> LA4TTA
>> Erlend

Re: KX3 firmware wish

Fred Moore-2
I actually like it working as it is.  When I go into data mode I don't
have to turn off the bias etc..  I think that is why it works the way it
does..  Fred

On 7/7/16 9:14 AM, John Pitz wrote:

> I would like to second that request!
>

> On Thu, 2016-07-07 at 09:39 +0200, Erlend Grimseid wrote:
>
>> When switching to data modes, the mic btn and mic bias settings in the menu
>> is disabled.
>> I use vox in some settings and have rigged a cable with ptt for my TNC.
>> Also if i forget to turn of mic bias before connecting my smartphone, the
>> phone goes crazy and thinks I'm pushing buttons on my headset.
>>
>> With the current firmware I have to go to voice mode, change settings and
>> then back to data A mode.
>>

>> Would it be possible to enable changing mic settings in data mode?
>>
>> 73
>> De
>> LA4TTA
>> Erlend

Fred Moore
email: [hidden email]
       [hidden email]
phone:  321-217-8699

Re: KX3 firmware wish

Erlend Grimseid
What firmware are you using Fred? Because on my radio the bias stays on
when i go from voice to data mode. So if i forget to turn out off i have to
switch to voice and then back to data.

I  don't use the bias voltage for anything, but someone might have use for
it, that's why i don't recommend disabling it completely.

Optionally let the settings be stored pr mode.
7. jul. 2016 17:14 skrev "Fred Moore" <[hidden email]>:

> I actually like it working as it is.  When I go into data mode I don't
> have to turn off the bias etc..  I think that is why it works the way it
> does..  Fred
>

> On 7/7/16 9:14 AM, John Pitz wrote:
> > I would like to second that request!
> >

> > On Thu, 2016-07-07 at 09:39 +0200, Erlend Grimseid wrote:
> >
> >> When switching to data modes, the mic btn and mic bias settings in the
> menu
> >> is disabled.
> >> I use vox in some settings and have rigged a cable with ptt for my TNC.
> >> Also if i forget to turn of mic bias before connecting my smartphone,
> the
> >> phone goes crazy and thinks I'm pushing buttons on my headset.
> >>
> >> With the current firmware I have to go to voice mode, change settings
> and
> >> then back to data A mode.
> >>

> >> Would it be possible to enable changing mic settings in data mode?
> >>
> >> 73
> >> De
> >> LA4TTA
> >> Erlend
> >> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
> >>
> >> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
> >> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
> >> Message delivered to [hidden email]

> > Message delivered to [hidden email]
> >

> --
> Fred Moore
> email: [hidden email]
>        [hidden email]
> phone:  321-217-8699

Re: KX3 firmware wish

Phil Wheeler-2
Or does he mean the KX2?  If so I believe the
latest firmware fixes that issue.

Phil W7OX

On 7/7/16 10:22 AM, Erlend Grimseid wrote:

> What firmware are you using Fred? Because on my radio the bias stays on
> when i go from voice to data mode. So if i forget to turn out off i have to
> switch to voice and then back to data.
>
> I  don't use the bias voltage for anything, but someone might have use for
> it, that's why i don't recommend disabling it completely.
>
> Optionally let the settings be stored pr mode.
> 7. jul. 2016 17:14 skrev "Fred Moore" <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I actually like it working as it is.  When I go into data mode I don't
>> have to turn off the bias etc..  I think that is why it works the way it
>> does..  Fred
>>

>> On 7/7/16 9:14 AM, John Pitz wrote:
>>> I would like to second that request!

>> menu
>> the

>> and

Re: KX3 firmware wish

Bill Frantz
Whenever I switch between SSB and digital, I have to do a
complex dance changing levels, the mic bias setting, and pluggin
cables. The K3 is so much superior in this area. Anything to
improve the situation is desirable.

Note that since I haven't yet mastered a paddle, I need a
computer to send digital.

73 Bill AE6JV

On 7/7/16 at 10:22 AM, [hidden email] (Erlend Grimseid) wrote:

>What firmware are you using Fred? Because on my radio the bias stays on
>when i go from voice to data mode. So if i forget to turn out off i have to
>switch to voice and then back to data.
>
>I  don't use the bias voltage for anything, but someone might have use for
>it, that's why i don't recommend disabling it completely.
>
>Optionally let the settings be stored pr mode.
>7. jul. 2016 17:14 skrev "Fred Moore" <[hidden email]>:
>
>>I actually like it working as it is.  When I go into data mode I don't
>>have to turn off the bias etc..  I think that is why it works the way it
>>does..  Fred

Re: KX3 firmware wish

Erlend Grimseid
Good point.

Maybe the levels also could be stored for data and voice / cw separately.

That would be awesome.

73
La4tta Erlend
8. jul. 2016 01:25 skrev "Bill Frantz" <[hidden email]>:

> Whenever I switch between SSB and digital, I have to do a complex dance
> changing levels, the mic bias setting, and pluggin cables. The K3 is so
> much superior in this area. Anything to improve the situation is desirable.
>
> Note that since I haven't yet mastered a paddle, I need a computer to send
> digital.
>
> 73 Bill AE6JV
>
> On 7/7/16 at 10:22 AM, [hidden email] (Erlend Grimseid) wrote:
>
> What firmware are you using Fred? Because on my radio the bias stays on
>> when i go from voice to data mode. So if i forget to turn out off i have
>> switch to voice and then back to data.
>>
>> I  don't use the bias voltage for anything, but someone might have use for
>> it, that's why i don't recommend disabling it completely.
>>
>> Optionally let the settings be stored pr mode.
>> 7. jul. 2016 17:14 skrev "Fred Moore" <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I actually like it working as it is.  When I go into data mode I don't
>>> have to turn off the bias etc..  I think that is why it works the way it
>>> does..  Fred

Re: KX3 firmware wish

Bob Nielsen-4
Hopefully any changes along that line will be rolled over into the KX2
software as well.   My skills with paddles aren't quite good enough to
be properly decoded for the digital modes (and my coordination is has
gone downhill from my younger years).

After getting the necessary USB sound card and cables, etc., together to
work digital modes I was going to try WSJT-X with my KX2 and found that
it wasn't recognized the radio.  The KX3 selection didn't work, although
it does appear to with FLRIG.  I guess I will have to wait until the KX2
is added to hamlib.  I looked at the Programmer's Reference but didn't
find anything that helped.

Bob, N7XY