KX3 keying using CWtype on USB

bill.va3ol
I have been looking for a way to key my KX3, via USB using CWtype. I found
a solution.

Search Ebay for USB CW (morse code) keying cable with opto-isolator.

Seller is: *phutping* <http://myworld.ebay.ca/phutping/?_trksid=p4340.l2559>

This is a UK seller who provided the cable in 5 days UK to Canada. and it
works.

Finally I don't have to use the KX3 utility to key the rig via USB.

Bill, VA3OL

Re: KX3 keying using CWtype on USB

bill.va3ol
This email doesn't seem to have made it to the elecraft list so I am
sending it again. If it is a dup. My apology.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been looking for a way to key my KX3, via USB using CWtype. I found
> a solution.
>
> Search Ebay for USB CW (morse code) keying cable with opto-isolator.
>

> Seller is: *phutping*<http://myworld.ebay.ca/phutping/?_trksid=p4340.l2559>
>
> This is a UK seller who provided the cable in 5 days UK to Canada. and it
> works.
>
> Finally I don't have to use the KX3 utility to key the rig via USB.
>

> Bill, VA3OL

Re: KX3 keying using CWtype on USB

Julian, G4ILO
You could try KComm. That keys the KX3 using the USB serial cable the same way the KX3 utility does.

<quote author="bill.va3ol">
I have been looking for a way to key my KX3, via USB using CWtype. I found
a solution.

Search Ebay for USB CW (morse code) keying cable with opto-isolator.

Seller is: *phutping* <http://myworld.ebay.ca/phutping/?_trksid=p4340.l2559>

This is a UK seller who provided the cable in 5 days UK to Canada. and it
works.

Finally I don't have to use the KX3 utility to key the rig via USB.

Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222 KX3 #110
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html
* KTune - http://www.g4ilo.com/ktune.html

Re: KX3 keying using CWtype on USB

Cady, Fred
Just use the KX3 utility.
73,
Fred KE7X
"The Elecraft K3: Design, configuration, and operation 2nd edition"
And (soon) "The Elecraft KX3 - going for the summit"

&lt;http://myworld.ebay.ca/phutping/?_trksid=p4340.l2559&gt;

-----