KX3 power supply

hhoyt
John,

I do have a horse in this race (the Kx33), but I will tell you that in
testing many supplies I have seen that many of them have poor
regulation.  Some show as much as 25% peak over-voltage which you would
need a scope to see when a load is removed, which is the situation when
the KX3 returns to receive after a full-power transmit cycle.  Running
15.4V average could potentially mean 19.25V peak with such a supply.

This reason plus many others is why we designed the Kx33.  We like our KX3s!

Cheers & 73,

Howie - WA4PSC
www.proaudioeng.com

 >>I would hate to hurt my KX3 with over voltage??
 >>anyone know if there would be any short or long
 >>term problems with running 15.4 volts to the KX3?
 >>It is just slightly above the maximum recommended
 >> supply voltage

Re: KX3 power supply

Matt Murphy
I bought one of the pro audio engineering KX3 power supplies and it works
perfectly.

73,
Matt NQ6N

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Howard Hoyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> John,
>
> I do have a horse in this race (the Kx33), but I will tell you that in
> testing many supplies I have seen that many of them have poor regulation.
> Some show as much as 25% peak over-voltage which you would need a scope to
> see when a load is removed, which is the situation when the KX3 returns to
> receive after a full-power transmit cycle.  Running 15.4V average could
> potentially mean 19.25V peak with such a supply.
>
> This reason plus many others is why we designed the Kx33.  We like our
> KX3s!
>
> Cheers & 73,
>
> Howie - WA4PSC
> www.proaudioeng.com
>

> >>I would hate to hurt my KX3 with over voltage??
> >>anyone know if there would be any short or long
> >>term problems with running 15.4 volts to the KX3?
> >>It is just slightly above the maximum recommended
> >> supply voltage

Re: KX3 power supply

ae5ka
The PAE power supply works fine, but it still puts out enough hash that I
can't use my loop antenna near it. It is better than others? Probably, but
still not usable for me when near  the receiving antenna.

Chip
AE5KA