KXPA100 Antenna Switching

Chad Wasinger
Hi Group,

Quick question on the KXPA100. I have a brand new factory built unit with antenna tuner that seems to have a possible antenna switching problem. When I press and hold the Tune (ANT) button, the amp typically sounds as if a relay is chattering and the LED under 25 flashes. Almost like it doesn't recognize the switch command and attempts to go into the tune mode. Regardless of what it is doing, the antenna switching does not take place. I've also tried to switch using the KXPA utility and it will not make the switch either when the amp is acting like this. Now sometimes the switching will all function correctly from the button or utility.

Anyone else experience similar issues when attempting to switch between antenna 1 and 2?

Thanks!
Chad
N0YK

Re: KXPA100 Antenna Switching

Dick Dievendorff-4
Tap of the TUNE button should start tuning, and the 25 watt LED should blink during tune.

Another tap while tuning should cancel tuning, and the 25 watt LED should stop blinking.

ANT change is a Hold of the same button.

Antenna change requests (button hold or KXPA Utility) should be ignored while tuning or transmitting.

73 de Dick, K6KR