KXPD3 not maintaining contact

kc1fdg
Hi all,

My KXPD3 was not maintaining contact enough to be used as an impromptu straight key. I flattened the contact screws on the end, then used a felt bob and rouge to polish the contact screw ends, the aluminum contact barrels, and the pivot pins.

It worked perfectly for about 1 minute and then it quickly returned to it's previous state of crackly straight key sound. Bad enough that the person I was chatting with told me to check my connection for my key!

Is there a definitive solution to KXPD3 woes out there?