Lp.pan & k3s

PAUL GM0BKC
Hi all
I have just aquired an lp pan interface but with no cables which is no big
deal as I should have plenty around the shack but I'm not sure how to
connect it to the radio.
I see plenty of info on the net for connection between k3.
So hope someone can point me in the right direction as to what I need for
connecting to k3s.
And also any advice on software.
Mny tks Paul gm0bkc

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

MaverickNH
Hi Paul,

I was just getting around to asking the same question and wonder if we might merge efforts? I have a K3S and P3 with a new LP-PAN 2, hoping to get it working with a ASUS Xonar U7 external sound card and NaP3 software. From there, on to LP-Bridge and CW Skimmer. But if you have other hardware/software thoughts, I'll hold off.

Bret/N4SRN

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

Don Wilhelm
Bret and Paul,

If you have the P3, connect the LP-Pan to the IF OUT on the P3. If you
have only the K3 (K3S), connect LP-Pan directly to the IF output of the K3.

The "rest of the story" is related to LP-Pan and your soundcard and your
computer and the computer applications and is appropriate discussion on
the LP-Pan Yahoo group.  There is a lot of setup information at Larry's
website www.telepostinc.com.

On 9/23/2016 5:41 PM, MaverickNH wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I was just getting around to asking the same question and wonder if we might
> merge efforts? I have a K3S and P3 with a new LP-PAN 2, hoping to get it
> working with a ASUS Xonar U7 external sound card and NaP3 software. From
> there, on to LP-Bridge and CW Skimmer. But if you have other
> hardware/software thoughts, I'll hold off.

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

Mark E. Musick
And don't forget to turn the IF OUT switch on the P3 from OFF to ON.
Don't ask how I know.

Mark, WB9CIF

If you have the P3, connect the LP-Pan to the IF OUT on the P3. If you have
only the K3 (K3S), connect LP-Pan directly to the IF output of the K3.

The "rest of the story" is related to LP-Pan and your soundcard and your
computer and the computer applications and is appropriate discussion on the
LP-Pan Yahoo group.  There is a lot of setup information at Larry's website
www.telepostinc.com.

On 9/23/2016 5:41 PM, MaverickNH wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I was just getting around to asking the same question and wonder if we
> might merge efforts? I have a K3S and P3 with a new LP-PAN 2, hoping
> to get it working with a ASUS Xonar U7 external sound card and NaP3
> software. From there, on to LP-Bridge and CW Skimmer. But if you have
> other hardware/software thoughts, I'll hold off.

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

MaverickNH
I was hoping that was my problem, but not so easy. I can't seem to get signal from the P3 to appear on my NaP3 install. I'll post my settings and ask for some advice.

Best regards,

Bret

aka Charles Jessee N4SRN

And don't forget to turn the IF OUT switch on the P3 from OFF to ON.
Don't ask how I know.

Mark, WB9CIF

If you have the P3, connect the LP-Pan to the IF OUT on the P3. If you have
only the K3 (K3S), connect LP-Pan directly to the IF output of the K3.

The "rest of the story" is related to LP-Pan and your soundcard and your
computer and the computer applications and is appropriate discussion on the
LP-Pan Yahoo group.  There is a lot of setup information at Larry's website
www.telepostinc.com.

On 9/23/2016 5:41 PM, MaverickNH wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I was just getting around to asking the same question and wonder if we
> might merge efforts? I have a K3S and P3 with a new LP-PAN 2, hoping
> to get it working with a ASUS Xonar U7 external sound card and NaP3
> software. From there, on to LP-Bridge and CW Skimmer. But if you have
> other hardware/software thoughts, I'll hold off.

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Lp-pan-k3s-tp7622817p7622821.html
To unsubscribe from Lp.pan & k3s, click here.
NAML

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

MaverickNH
This post was updated on .
I've made a PDF on Dropbox with Screen Captures of my settings

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1y7mnn3cpf4kukp/16-09-24%20LP%20Pan%20K3S%20P3%20U7.pdf?dl=0

As you can see - no signal on NaP3. Appreciate advice!

Bret/N4SRN

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

MaverickNH
As an added note, I've looked to adjust Line In Levels on the Xonar U7 as per http://www.telepostinc.com/soundcards.html using the Digital Level Meter app. I find that the Elecraft Signal Generator XG3 -73dBm 14.02000 MHz signal shows on my P3 as a -81 dB peak on CW (and I hear it on the K3S headphones), but I find no change in turning the XG3 On/OFF while adjusting the full range of Line In Level on the U7 sound card (dB ranges -33.3 to -27 with or without XG3 signal).

If I switch my PC to the U7, I can hear YouTube videos, so I think my U7 is OK.  If I run from IF Out on the K3S rather than the P3, still no success, so the P3 IF Out appears to not be the issue.

Might be the LP-PAN 2 not be working?

I'm only more mystified...

Bret/N4SRN

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

tomb18
HiDid you set the xonar for line in with the Asus sound utility?Tomva2fsq.com

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: MaverickNH <[hidden email]> Date: 2016-09-24  5:14 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: [hidden email] Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Lp.pan & k3s
As an added note, I've looked to adjust Line In Levels on the Xonar U7 as per
http://www.telepostinc.com/soundcards.html using the Digital Level Meter
app. I find that the Elecraft Signal Generator XG3 -73dBm 14.02000 MHz
signal shows on my P3 as a -81 dB peak on CW (and I hear it on the K3S
headphones), but I find no change in turning the XG3 On/OFF while adjusting
the full range of Line In Level on the U7 sound card (dB ranges -33.3 to -27
with or without XG3 signal).

If I switch my PC to the U7, I can hear YouTube videos, so I think my U7 is
OK.  If I run from IF Out on the K3S rather than the P3, still no success,
so the P3 IF Out appears to not be the issue.

Might be the LP-PAN 2 not be working?

I'm only more mystified...

Bret/N4SRN

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

N8LP
Is your LP-PAN 2 set up for K3, ie. does it have the correct xtal?

Larry N8LP

On 9/26/2016 11:52 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 14:14:39 -0700 (MST)
> From: MaverickNH<[hidden email]>
> To:[hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Lp.pan & k3s
>
> As an added note, I've looked to adjust Line In Levels on the Xonar U7 as per
> http://www.telepostinc.com/soundcards.html  using the Digital Level Meter
> app. I find that the Elecraft Signal Generator XG3 -73dBm 14.02000 MHz
> signal shows on my P3 as a -81 dB peak on CW (and I hear it on the K3S
> headphones), but I find no change in turning the XG3 On/OFF while adjusting
> the full range of Line In Level on the U7 sound card (dB ranges -33.3 to -27
> with or without XG3 signal).
>
> If I switch my PC to the U7, I can hear YouTube videos, so I think my U7 is
> OK.  If I run from IF Out on the K3S rather than the P3, still no success,
> so the P3 IF Out appears to not be the issue.
>
> Might be the LP-PAN 2 not be working?
>
> I'm only more mystified...
>
> Bret/N4SRN

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

MaverickNH
It was ordered from Telepost for a K3 - no K3S choice so I figured it was the same.

Best regards,

Bret

aka Charles Jessee N4SRN

Is your LP-PAN 2 set up for K3, ie. does it have the correct xtal?

Larry N8LP

On 9/26/2016 11:52 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 14:14:39 -0700 (MST)
> From: MaverickNH<[hidden email]>
> To:[hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Lp.pan & k3s
>
> As an added note, I've looked to adjust Line In Levels on the Xonar U7 as per
> http://www.telepostinc.com/soundcards.html  using the Digital Level Meter
> app. I find that the Elecraft Signal Generator XG3 -73dBm 14.02000 MHz
> signal shows on my P3 as a -81 dB peak on CW (and I hear it on the K3S
> headphones), but I find no change in turning the XG3 On/OFF while adjusting
> the full range of Line In Level on the U7 sound card (dB ranges -33.3 to -27
> with or without XG3 signal).
>
> If I switch my PC to the U7, I can hear YouTube videos, so I think my U7 is
> OK.  If I run from IF Out on the K3S rather than the P3, still no success,
> so the P3 IF Out appears to not be the issue.
>
> Might be the LP-PAN 2 not be working?
>
> I'm only more mystified...
>
> Bret/N4SRN

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Lp-pan-k3s-tp7622817p7622856.html
To unsubscribe from Lp.pan & k3s, click here.
NAML

Re: Lp.pan & k3s

MaverickNH
Well, I uninstalled the U7 and NaP3 drivers/software, installed a new U7 and re-installed and configured U7 and NaP3 drivers and software. But still no signal. CAT control works, but nothing but background noise on NaP3.

Is there a way to test the LP Pan 2 function otherwise? May I should try another SDR app?

Bret/N4SRN