MH2 question

k6sdw
Has anyone sent their Heil MH2 to AB5N Bob Nagy for his upgrade? I've never been impressed with my K2 SSB tx audio and I've done everything Elecraft has recommended to improve the TX audio, including sending it to Gary for alignment -- Gary did a wonderful job aligning my K2, but the K2 TX audio still leaves a lot to be desired!!
Thanks for any advice you can offer regardnig the AB5N mods.
73
ed

Re: MH2 question

Bob McGraw - K4TAX
I've never owned or used a K2.  However I have assembled two of the K3
kits for others who felt they were not capable of doing so.  Thus I have
had the opportunity to use two different K3 radios.   One of the very
serious short comings, and main reason for me not purchasing a K3
earlier, is the  unsatisfactory quality of the audio.   To that end,
with changes announced in the K3S, specifically in the audio section, I
have a new K3S on order.  Let's hope it performs or it will be sold.

I've used other radios which do have great audio, both on receive and
transmit.  I find it very important that a good mike suited to the
user's voice and good microphone technique is a large part of the key to
great audio on SSB.  {key words here "{suited to the user's voice} and
{good microphone technique}.

73 Bob, K4TAX
Soon to be a new K3S owner.

On 7/9/2015 10:06 AM, Eddy Avila wrote:

> Has anyone sent their Heil MH2 to AB5N Bob Nagy for his upgrade? I've never been impressed with my K2 SSB tx audio and I've done everything Elecraft has recommended to improve the TX audio, including sending it to Gary for alignment -- Gary did a wonderful job aligning my K2, but the K2 TX audio still leaves a lot to be desired!!
> Thanks for any advice you can offer regardnig the AB5N mods.
> 73
> ed

Re: MH2 question

Phil Wheeler-2
Bob,

Are you saying the K3 TX audio was
unsatisfactory?  If so, that's the first report of
it I've heard (assuming everything is adjusted
correctly).

BTW -- re the thread topic: My K2 has always
received outstanding audio reports, though
nowadays I use my K3. But I never much liked the
MH2 mic due to the really strong spring in the PTT
:-)  I use a Kenwood M43 with my K3 (and it is
"newly synthed").

I'm not familiar with the AB5N mods, though I may
have done something of the sort on K2 #380.

73, Phil W7OX

On 7/9/15 8:38 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:

> I've never owned or used a K2.  However I have
> assembled two of the K3 kits for others who felt
> they were not capable of doing so.  Thus I have
> had the opportunity to use two different K3
> radios.   One of the very serious short comings,
> and main reason for me not purchasing a K3
> earlier, is the  unsatisfactory quality of the
> audio.   To that end, with changes announced in
> the K3S, specifically in the audio section, I
> have a new K3S on order. Let's hope it performs
> or it will be sold.
>
> I've used other radios which do have great
> audio, both on receive and transmit.  I find it
> very important that a good mike suited to the
> user's voice and good microphone technique is a
> large part of the key to great audio on SSB.
> {key words here "{suited to the user's voice}
> and {good microphone technique}.
>
> 73 Bob, K4TAX
> Soon to be a new K3S owner.
>
> On 7/9/2015 10:06 AM, Eddy Avila wrote:
>> Has anyone sent their Heil MH2 to AB5N Bob Nagy
>> for his upgrade? I've never been impressed with
>> my K2 SSB tx audio and I've done everything
>> Elecraft has recommended to improve the TX
>> audio, including sending it to Gary for
>> alignment -- Gary did a wonderful job aligning
>> my K2, but the K2 TX audio still leaves a lot
>> to be desired!!
>> Thanks for any advice you can offer regardnig
>> the AB5N mods.
>> 73
>> ed

Re: MH2 question

Phil Hystad-3
I was a bit shocked, or at least surprised, at what K4TAX was saying.  I think he might mean the quality of the audio plus speaker system of the default K3, not TX audio.  Or, at least hopefully he means that.   I know others have complained about the level of audio volume or whatever in listening to a K3’s built in speaker.

But, I had to say that no complaints have I ever heard about TX audio.  In fact, if anyone chooses to comment on my K3 TX Audio, it is a very good comment on the quality of the signal and audio.

I don’t use my K3 with the built in speakers — use stereo West Mountain Radio COMspkr or CM500 headset instead and I am fine with the resulting audio of the K3.

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 12:39 PM, Phil Wheeler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Bob,
>
> Are you saying the K3 TX audio was unsatisfactory?  If so, that's the first report of it I've heard (assuming everything is adjusted correctly).
>
> BTW -- re the thread topic: My K2 has always received outstanding audio reports, though nowadays I use my K3. But I never much liked the MH2 mic due to the really strong spring in the PTT :-)  I use a Kenwood M43 with my K3 (and it is "newly synthed").
>
> I'm not familiar with the AB5N mods, though I may have done something of the sort on K2 #380.
>
> 73, Phil W7OX
>
> On 7/9/15 8:38 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
>> I've never owned or used a K2.  However I have assembled two of the K3 kits for others who felt they were not capable of doing so.  Thus I have had the opportunity to use two different K3 radios.   One of the very serious short comings, and main reason for me not purchasing a K3 earlier, is the  unsatisfactory quality of the audio.   To that end, with changes announced in the K3S, specifically in the audio section, I have a new K3S on order. Let's hope it performs or it will be sold.
>>
>> I've used other radios which do have great audio, both on receive and transmit.  I find it very important that a good mike suited to the user's voice and good microphone technique is a large part of the key to great audio on SSB.  {key words here "{suited to the user's voice} and {good microphone technique}.
>>
>> 73 Bob, K4TAX
>> Soon to be a new K3S owner.
>>
>> On 7/9/2015 10:06 AM, Eddy Avila wrote:
>>> Has anyone sent their Heil MH2 to AB5N Bob Nagy for his upgrade? I've never been impressed with my K2 SSB tx audio and I've done everything Elecraft has recommended to improve the TX audio, including sending it to Gary for alignment -- Gary did a wonderful job aligning my K2, but the K2 TX audio still leaves a lot to be desired!!
>>> Thanks for any advice you can offer regardnig the AB5N mods.
>>> 73
>>> ed

Re: MH2 question

Elecraft mailing list
I think the issue of the audio output of the K series is sufficient to anyone needing a simple system. I for one have never used any of the inboard speaker on any radio preferring to use external devices to suit my needs.  Having said that the audio sharpness / crispness is good on the internal speaker in general.  Fidelity is a different story.  That' s what earphones and external devices are for.  The Tx audio is par excellence.  IMHO.
Mel.  K6KBE

I was a bit shocked, or at least surprised, at what K4TAX was saying.  I think he might mean the quality of the audio plus speaker system of the default K3, not TX audio.  Or, at least hopefully he means that.  I know others have complained about the level of audio volume or whatever in listening to a K3’s built in speaker.

But, I had to say that no complaints have I ever heard about TX audio.  In fact, if anyone chooses to comment on my K3 TX Audio, it is a very good comment on the quality of the signal and audio.

I don’t use my K3 with the built in speakers — use stereo West Mountain Radio COMspkr or CM500 headset instead and I am fine with the resulting audio of the K3.

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 12:39 PM, Phil Wheeler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Bob,
>
> Are you saying the K3 TX audio was unsatisfactory?  If so, that's the first report of it I've heard (assuming everything is adjusted correctly).
>
> BTW -- re the thread topic: My K2 has always received outstanding audio reports, though nowadays I use my K3. But I never much liked the MH2 mic due to the really strong spring in the PTT :-)  I use a Kenwood M43 with my K3 (and it is "newly synthed").
>
> I'm not familiar with the AB5N mods, though I may have done something of the sort on K2 #380.
>
> 73, Phil W7OX
>
> On 7/9/15 8:38 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
>> I've never owned or used a K2.  However I have assembled two of the K3 kits for others who felt they were not capable of doing so.  Thus I have had the opportunity to use two different K3 radios.  One of the very serious short comings, and main reason for me not purchasing a K3 earlier, is the  unsatisfactory quality of the audio.  To that end, with changes announced in the K3S, specifically in the audio section, I have a new K3S on order. Let's hope it performs or it will be sold.
>>
>> I've used other radios which do have great audio, both on receive and transmit.  I find it very important that a good mike suited to the user's voice and good microphone technique is a large part of the key to great audio on SSB.  {key words here "{suited to the user's voice} and {good microphone technique}.
>>
>> 73 Bob, K4TAX
>> Soon to be a new K3S owner.
>>
>> On 7/9/2015 10:06 AM, Eddy Avila wrote:
>>> Has anyone sent their Heil MH2 to AB5N Bob Nagy for his upgrade? I've never been impressed with my K2 SSB tx audio and I've done everything Elecraft has recommended to improve the TX audio, including sending it to Gary for alignment -- Gary did a wonderful job aligning my K2, but the K2 TX audio still leaves a lot to be desired!!
>>> Thanks for any advice you can offer regardnig the AB5N mods.
>>> 73
>>> ed

Re: MH2 question

Yeah, this *has* to be a mis-communications somewhere.  I use the Proset
with the iC2 electret element from Elecraft.  I regularly get
unsolicited "really great audio" comments in contests, I'll likely get
several in the IARU this weakend if I decide to try out phone.  I have a
nondescript, almost non-noticeable voice [latter based on the number of
times my wife interrupts me with a totally different subject :-)] so I
know it's not me, I do NOT sound like Walter Cronkite.

Most non-carbon mics are pretty flat over the nominal 2.8 KHz
communications bandwidth, I really don't think you need a mic to match
your voice.  The K3's TX EQ can make a world of difference however, and
apparently does for me.  I have the SSB adapter in my K2 but I've never
connected a mic to it.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 50th Running of the Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
- www.cqp.org

On 7/9/2015 3:16 PM, Phil Hystad wrote:
> I was a bit shocked, or at least surprised, at what K4TAX was saying.
> I think he might mean the quality of the audio plus speaker system of
> the default K3, not TX audio.  Or, at least hopefully he means that.
> I know others have complained about the level of audio volume or
> whatever in listening to a K3’s built in speaker.

Re: MH2 question

Gary Gregory-2
My voice, i am told, makes any mic sound bad. So states the bride.....:-(

The K3 EQ corrects this birth defect. So say "others"......:-)

Gary
Vk1ZZ
K3, KPA500-FT, KAT500-FT
On 10/07/2015 8:52 AM, "Fred Jensen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah, this *has* to be a mis-communications somewhere.  I use the Proset
> with the iC2 electret element from Elecraft.  I regularly get unsolicited
> "really great audio" comments in contests, I'll likely get several in the
> IARU this weakend if I decide to try out phone.  I have a nondescript,
> almost non-noticeable voice [latter based on the number of times my wife
> interrupts me with a totally different subject :-)] so I know it's not me,
> I do NOT sound like Walter Cronkite.
>
> Most non-carbon mics are pretty flat over the nominal 2.8 KHz
> communications bandwidth, I really don't think you need a mic to match your
> voice.  The K3's TX EQ can make a world of difference however, and
> apparently does for me.  I have the SSB adapter in my K2 but I've never
> connected a mic to it.
>
> 73,
>
> Fred K6DGW
> - Northern California Contest Club
> - CU in the 50th Running of the Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
> - www.cqp.org
>

> On 7/9/2015 3:16 PM, Phil Hystad wrote:
>
>> I was a bit shocked, or at least surprised, at what K4TAX was saying.
>> I think he might mean the quality of the audio plus speaker system of
>> the default K3, not TX audio.  Or, at least hopefully he means that.
>> I know others have complained about the level of audio volume or
>> whatever in listening to a K3’s built in speaker.

Re: MH2 question

Also note that the K3 has stereo, 4-ohm-capable external speaker outputs. You can really get pet-hair-raising amounts of audio out if you need it. Using two speakers allows you to take advantage of the left/right main/sub RX audio as well as audio effects.

On Jul 9, 2015, at 3:34 PM, Mel Farrer via Elecraft <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the issue of the audio output of the K series is sufficient to anyone needing a simple system. I for one have never used any of the inboard speaker on any radio preferring to use external devices to suit my needs.  Having said that the audio sharpness / crispness is good on the internal speaker in general.  Fidelity is a different story.  That' s what earphones and external devices are for.  The Tx audio is par excellence.  IMHO.
> Mel.  K6KBE

Re: MH2 question

Ed,

Several responses to your post have brought comments regarding the K3 TX
audio, but I have not seen any specifically addressing the K2.
The K3 TX audio can be tailored using the 8 band TX Equalizer which can
be used to make most any microphone sound like the best studio
microphone in the world if you are inclined to do a bit of tailoring -
no need for an external equalizer, it is built in.

If you have a K2, you may be interested in the following - If not, you
may want to hit the delete key now, the rest is K2 related.

I do not think Gary has aligned many K2s in the past few years.  I have
handled most of the more recent Elecraft K2 repairs, and do not see your
call in my records, so I am wondering just how long ago that alignment
was performed.

You may want to look at your K2 rather than the microphone.  I would
hate to see you spend $50 or so on a mod to your microphone and find no
added benefit because of limitations in your K2 or your SSBA and SSBC
menu settings.  K2s that I have aligned often garner unsolicited TX
audio reports, and I have received that report from many customers.  The
MH2 does have the peaking response in the 2800 to 3200 Hz region - the
same as many other ham microphones.

How old is your K2, and what is the width of the KSB2 filter (2.1kHz or
2.4kHz)?  The early KSB2 boards had the 2.1kHz filter while later ones
have the 2.4kHz filter - that filter is used on transmit as well as
receive.  To determine which one you have, look at the capacitor row
just to the left of the crystals on the KSB2 board - if all 6 capacitor
locations are populated, you have the earlier 2.1 kHz filter, but if
there are only 4 capacitors fitted, it is the 2.4 kHz filter.  Should
you want to change the filter width, Elecraft has the SSBCAPKT available
to do that - but check the crystals first.  If they are labeled anything
other than 49136-S, you must replace the crystals when widening the KSB2
filter.  If your KSB2 has the older crystals, your base K2 RF board
likely has the older crystals as well and will result in better filters
if replaced. Elecraft has a set of 7 matched crystals as well as a
matched set of 14 available.

The other thing that will affect your SSB transmit (and receive) audio
is the placement of the audio passband for LSB and USB.  That may be
corrected by proper filter alignment (CAL FIL).

There is another thing that can affect the K2 TX audio, and that is too
much bass.  The KSB2 does allow low bass frequencies to be transmitted.
While some hams like that, it uses excessive power in the PEP envelope.
You can reduce that response by changing 2 capacitors on the KSB2
board.  Change C34 to a 0.47uF electrolytic and change C32 to a
capacitor between 0.0033 and 0.005 uF. (4700pF is an easily available
mid-range value).

On 7/9/2015 11:06 AM, Eddy Avila wrote:
> Has anyone sent their Heil MH2 to AB5N Bob Nagy for his upgrade? I've never been impressed with my K2 SSB tx audio and I've done everything Elecraft has recommended to improve the TX audio, including sending it to Gary for alignment -- Gary did a wonderful job aligning my K2, but the K2 TX audio still leaves a lot to be desired!!
> Thanks for any advice you can offer regardnig the AB5N mods.
> 73
> ed

Re: MH2 question

Bob McGraw - K4TAX
This system, being in the new K3S, should make a big difference in
receive audio.  I certainly look forward to receiving my new K3S-F.

Thanks Wayne!

73 Bob, K4TAX

On 7/9/2015 6:05 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:

> Also note that the K3 has stereo, 4-ohm-capable external speaker outputs. You can really get pet-hair-raising amounts of audio out if you need it. Using two speakers allows you to take advantage of the left/right main/sub RX audio as well as audio effects.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 3:34 PM, Mel Farrer via Elecraft <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I think the issue of the audio output of the K series is sufficient to anyone needing a simple system. I for one have never used any of the inboard speaker on any radio preferring to use external devices to suit my needs.  Having said that the audio sharpness / crispness is good on the internal speaker in general.  Fidelity is a different story.  That' s what earphones and external devices are for.  The Tx audio is par excellence.  IMHO.
>> Mel.  K6KBE

Re: MH2 question

Thomas Schaefer
I'm missing something. Wayne said that's in the K3 now. He did not say only the K3S did he?

Tom NY4I

Principal Solutions Architect
Better Software Solutions, Inc.
727-437-2771

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 7:09 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This system, being in the new K3S, should make a big difference in receive audio.  I certainly look forward to receiving my new K3S-F.
>
> Thanks Wayne!
>
> 73 Bob, K4TAX
>
>> On 7/9/2015 6:05 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>> Also note that the K3 has stereo, 4-ohm-capable external speaker outputs. You can really get pet-hair-raising amounts of audio out if you need it. Using two speakers allows you to take advantage of the left/right main/sub RX audio as well as audio effects.
>>
>> 73,
>> Wayne
>> N6KR
>>

>>> On Jul 9, 2015, at 3:34 PM, Mel Farrer via Elecraft <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think the issue of the audio output of the K series is sufficient to anyone needing a simple system. I for one have never used any of the inboard speaker on any radio preferring to use external devices to suit my needs.  Having said that the audio sharpness / crispness is good on the internal speaker in general.  Fidelity is a different story.  That' s what earphones and external devices are for.  The Tx audio is par excellence.  IMHO.
>>> Mel.  K6KBE

Re: MH2 question

Merv Schweigert
K3S ONLY  as of now.

> I'm missing something. Wayne said that's in the K3 now. He did not say only the K3S did he?
>
> Tom NY4I
>
> Principal Solutions Architect
> Better Software Solutions, Inc.
> 727-437-2771
>
>> On Jul 9, 2015, at 7:09 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This system, being in the new K3S, should make a big difference in receive audio.  I certainly look forward to receiving my new K3S-F.
>>
>> Thanks Wayne!
>>
>> 73 Bob, K4TAX
>>
>>> On 7/9/2015 6:05 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>>> Also note that the K3 has stereo, 4-ohm-capable external speaker outputs. You can really get pet-hair-raising amounts of audio out if you need it. Using two speakers allows you to take advantage of the left/right main/sub RX audio as well as audio effects.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> Wayne
>>> N6KR

>>> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: MH2 question

Phil Wheeler-2
Bob,

With such positive expectations, I'm sure your K3S
will have great audio :-)

73, Phil W7OX

On 7/9/15 4:09 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:

> This system, being in the new K3S, should make a
> big difference in receive audio.  I certainly
> look forward to receiving my new K3S-F.
>
> Thanks Wayne!
>
> 73 Bob, K4TAX
>
> On 7/9/2015 6:05 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>> Also note that the K3 has stereo, 4-ohm-capable
>> external speaker outputs. You can really get
>> pet-hair-raising amounts of audio out if you
>> need it. Using two speakers allows you to take
>> advantage of the left/right main/sub RX audio
>> as well as audio effects.
>>
>> 73,
>> Wayne
>> N6KR
>>

>> On Jul 9, 2015, at 3:34 PM, Mel Farrer via
>> Elecraft <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I think the issue of the audio output of the K
>>> series is sufficient to anyone needing a
>>> simple system. I for one have never used any
>>> of the inboard speaker on any radio preferring
>>> to use external devices to suit my needs.
>>> Having said that the audio sharpness /
>>> crispness is good on the internal speaker in
>>> general.  Fidelity is a different story.
>>> That' s what earphones and external devices
>>> are for. The Tx audio is par excellence.  IMHO.
>>> Mel.  K6KBE

Re: K3 RX audio (was MH2 question)

We are drifting way off the original post question which was related to
the K2 and transmit audio.
If the discussion is to morph to the K3 and its receive audio, someone
needs to change the subject line.
The K3 does have the RX EQ which can change the RX audio substantially.
The internal speaker is pretty good, but is not of "Hi-Fi" quality. Put
a pair of good bookshelf speakers on the rear speaker jack and the
character of the K3 receive audio changes drastically.

On 7/9/2015 8:52 PM, Tom Schaefer wrote:

> I'm missing something. Wayne said that's in the K3 now. He did not say only the K3S did he?
>
> Tom NY4I
>
> Principal Solutions Architect
> Better Software Solutions, Inc.
> 727-437-2771
>
>> On Jul 9, 2015, at 7:09 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This system, being in the new K3S, should make a big difference in receive audio.  I certainly look forward to receiving my new K3S-F.
>>
>> Thanks Wayne!
>>
>> 73 Bob, K4TAX
>>
>>> On 7/9/2015 6:05 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>>> Also note that the K3 has stereo, 4-ohm-capable external speaker outputs. You can really get pet-hair-raising amounts of audio out if you need it. Using two speakers allows you to take advantage of the left/right main/sub RX audio as well as audio effects.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> Wayne
>>> N6KR

>>> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: MH2 question

Phil Wheeler-2
I think Bob is referring to the new, improved RX
audio (I think it's only RX) in the K3S DSP board,
not yet available as a K3 upgrade.

Phil W7OX

On 7/9/15 5:52 PM, Tom Schaefer wrote:

> I'm missing something. Wayne said that's in the K3 now. He did not say only the K3S did he?
>
> Tom NY4I
>
> Principal Solutions Architect
> Better Software Solutions, Inc.
> 727-437-2771
>
>> On Jul 9, 2015, at 7:09 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This system, being in the new K3S, should make a big difference in receive audio.  I certainly look forward to receiving my new K3S-F.
>>
>> Thanks Wayne!
>>
>> 73 Bob, K4TAX
>>
>>> On 7/9/2015 6:05 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>>> Also note that the K3 has stereo, 4-ohm-capable external speaker outputs. You can really get pet-hair-raising amounts of audio out if you need it. Using two speakers allows you to take advantage of the left/right main/sub RX audio as well as audio effects.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> Wayne
>>> N6KR

Re: MH2 question

Guy Olinger K2AV
But in the works and coming.  73, Guy K2AV

On Thursday, July 9, 2015, Phil Wheeler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think Bob is referring to the new, improved RX audio (I think it's only
> RX) in the K3S DSP board, not yet available as a K3 upgrade.
>
> Phil W7OX
>
> On 7/9/15 5:52 PM, Tom Schaefer wrote:
>
>> I'm missing something. Wayne said that's in the K3 now. He did not say
>> only the K3S did he?
>>
>> Tom NY4I
>>
>> Principal Solutions Architect
>> Better Software Solutions, Inc.
>> 727-437-2771
>>
>>  On Jul 9, 2015, at 7:09 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> This system, being in the new K3S, should make a big difference in
>>> receive audio.  I certainly look forward to receiving my new K3S-F.
>>>
>>> Thanks Wayne!
>>>
>>> 73 Bob, K4TAX

Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone

Enhancements and improvements to the K3S

Bob McGraw - K4TAX
{was MH2 question}

Here's the enhancements and improvements to the K3S

 From the K3S data sheet:
* Enhanced look and feel, with new LCD bezel, soft-touch VFO knob
* Ultra low-noise synthesizer for exceptional strong-signal receive
performance and transmit signal purity (KSYN3A)
* USB port—integrates remote control and line-level audio, eliminating
the need for a PC sound card and audio cables
* Second preamp for 12-6 m weak signal work (on included KXV3B module)
* Multiple attenuators, providing steps of -5/-10/-15 dB
* Lower-Loss ATU option with true bypass relay (KAT3A)
* Redesigned AF output circuitry for outstanding speaker audio
* Accurate, high-speed CW transmit even in SPLIT mode
* Coverage of the 630-meter band (~470 kHz), and lower

IMO - these are things that will make a good radio a great radio.

73 Bob, K4TAX

Re: MH2 question

alorona
The best and easiest fix for "bad K3 audio" is to simply tell the other ham you're using a Kensucom. He will respond with, "Oh yeah, your Kensucom has great audio, old man!"
Al  W6LX

Re: MH2 question

WA2SI
Wow, bingo!

Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

Sent from my android device.

The best and easiest fix for "bad K3 audio" is to simply tell the other ham you're using a Kensucom. He will respond with, "Oh yeah, your Kensucom has great audio, old man!"
Al  W6LX

Re: Enhancements and improvements to the K3S

Phil Wheeler-2
Bob,

Good idea to change the thread title!

What in this list will improve TX audio -- other
than the KSYN3A (which I already have in my K3)?
Speaker audio improved, yes, but that seems to be
RX only.

FWIW -- I think the K3 is already a "great" radio,
but agree that the K3S will be still greater. But
for me, if I had to choose only one item on the
list below, it would be the KSYN3A -- and I've
already chosen to add it to my lowly K3 :-)

Of the other items below, I've already added the
coverage of 630 m and below, and will likely add
the new DSP board with its RX audio improvements
when it comes available.

73, Phil W7OX