New Super Antenna? OT ish

jonlevy73
Has anyone used a New Super Antenna, http://newsuperantenna.com/ ? With their Elecraft rig?
Tex

Re: New Super Antenna? OT ish

Tex
I had one of the original ones and was not impressed.  Never had any success, always did better with random wire or dipole.  Picked up a used BuddiStick and it seems to be a better built antenna than the SuperAntenna.

73 Tex
ka5y

Re: New Super Antenna? OT ish

Jack Spitznagel
Have the kit with the mini tripod and used it for quite a while. It has worked reasonably well with the KX3 and FT-817 in its best locations (put the tripod on top of the car or clamped to a metal railing). The radial system is meh but works well enough. I get better "milage" with a home made pocket dipole (if there is a place to put it up) or the Alex Walkham Loop. When I do portable ops, I usually throw all 3 options into the car when traveling but will fly with the Alex Loop in my checked bag.

Jack - KD4IZ
Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 14, 2016, at 04:18, jonlevy73 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Has anyone used a New Super Antenna, http://newsuperantenna.com/ ? With their
> Elecraft rig?

Re: New Super Antenna? OT ish

Rick M0LEP-2
Not too bad on the higher HF bands, but the more loading coil you need,
the worse it gets. I suppose, if you make good radials for it and lay
them out on nice dry ground, then you'll probably be pushing more signal
out via them than via the antenna...

....and, like Jack, I've had *far* better mileage, particularly on the
lower HF bands, with a pocket dipole held up by a glass-fibre fishing
rod...

--
73, Rick, M0LEP   (KX3 #3281)
Cat: Do you speak Bulgarian?