OT: Fixing Slow Internet

Re: K3 signal at 28004

James Bennett
Hank - I had that same signal at 28.004 and it was caused by my KAT500, as I recall. Elecraft has a fix for that - simple mod to the KAT500, if I recall correctly. Do you have a KAT500 and have you possibly removed power from it? If so, that's probably where your signal has gone. Just a guess....

Jim Bennett / W6JHB
Folsom, CA

> On Dec 10, 2016, at 5:30 PM, HankP <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok I give up - I always have a strong signal about 28004 on my K3 and it was there this morning just like always and most all day - now its GONE and the rx seems like its still working normally -107 dBm on the P3 for the 1 uv in . TX ok too. Just no 28004 ??? What is the magic ?? Hank K7HP

Re: OT: Fixing Slow Internet

Edward R Cole
Thanks for all the suggestions; probably time to end this thread.

It will be a year till I need to run the long cable from my router to
the new hamshack.  I'll measure the run and get a premade cat6 cable.

Interesting to hear of the high speed Internet service many of you
have.  My DSL is 3.5Mbs and only increased from 1Mbs a year ago.  2.4
GHz is unusable due to wi-fi RFI.  My cordless phone uses 5-GHz.  I
see interference on 2m thanks to my neighbors wi-fi.

Many parts of AK have no Internet service or only dial-up and TV is
via satellite feed to a TV translator.  Many towns do not have public
water or sewer; houses have no plumbing (half the town of Bethel -pop
4500 has no plumbing and human waste is collected in "honey buckets"
which are picked up on a weekly schedule).  Bethel is the largest
town in SW AK with jet air service which is good because its not
connected to the road system (400mi East).

My home has natural gas heat, a well and septic system, and electric
power and telephone service but TV is by satellite.  There is no
cable.  But I live in the 25% of the state with a road
system.  Reality is a bit different up here. Only fiber-optic cable
is in Anchorage or the larger cities like Fairbanks and Juneau and
the trunk lines between cities and lower-48 (undersea cable).

73, Ed - KL7UW
   http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:

Re: K3 signal at 28004

I too noticed this signal this past weekend while doing some S&P in the ARRL 10 meter contest.
I have no other Elecraft accessories and have an upgraded K3 in the 6000 range serial numbers.My signal is audible from about 28.003.75 to 28.005.64 transitioning from low pitch to high withthe shift up in frequency.  The peak signal strength is about S7-8 at about 28.004.
As others have suggested I would believe it is internal to the K3.
Happy Holidays to all and 73HankK3YDX