OT: Hallicrafters SX-62 and external speaker available

OT: Hallicrafters SX-62 and external speaker available

Someone gave me a vintage Hallicrafters SX-62 receiver with external speaker. Both are in fair shape, and could probably be of some value with a good cleaning. Based on advice from a radio refurbisher, I have not plugged in the receiver, and I'm pretty sure this unit hasn't been plugged in for at least 30 years. Apparently some collectors like to replace some of the capacitors first.

I'd like to give these away for nothing but my cost of shipping. Otherwise they may end up getting recycled in some environmentally correct fashion.

Please email me directly if interested.

Re: OT: Hallicrafters SX-62 and external speaker available

Thanks for all of the inquiries. The SX-62 has found a new home.

Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP
I thought I would offer to trade you an HRO-5 and NC-101X for it, but I realized that that
wouldn't solve either of our problems!

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA

Re: OT: Hallicrafters SX-62 and external speaker available

Robert Friess
NC101X, love that receiver.  I still have one.  It was my first receiver
back in 1954.  My dad bought it for me at Henry Radio in LA.

Bob

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Vic K2VCO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I thought I would offer to trade you an HRO-5 and NC-101X for it, but I
> realized that that
> wouldn't solve either of our problems!
>

> On 9/10/2013 3:08 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>
>> Thanks for all of the inquiries. The SX-62 has found a new home.
>>
>> 73, Wayne N6KR
>>

>>  From: Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]> To: Elecraft Reflector
>>> <[hidden email]> Sent: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 14:25:42 -0400 (EDT)
>>> Subject:
>>> [Elecraft] OT: Hallicrafters SX-62 and external speaker available
>>>
>>> Someone gave me a vintage Hallicrafters SX-62 receiver with external
>>> speaker. Both
>>> are in fair shape, and could probably be of some value with a good
>>> cleaning. Based on
>>> advice from a radio refurbisher, I have not plugged in the receiver, and
>>> I'm pretty
>>> sure this unit hasn't been plugged in for at least 30 years. Apparently
>>> some
>>> collectors like to replace some of the capacitors first.
>>>
>>> I'd like to give these away for nothing but my cost of shipping.
>>> Otherwise they may
>>> end up getting recycled in some environmentally correct fashion.
>>>
>>> Please email me directly if interested.
>>>
>>> 73, Wayne N6KR

>> [hidden email].**net <[hidden email]>
>>
>> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net Please help support this email
>> list:
>> http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
>>

> --
> Vic, K2VCO
> Fresno CA
> http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/

> Post: mailto:[hidden email].**net <[hidden email]>

Re: OT: Hallicrafters SX-62 and external speaker available

Robert Friess
It was $60.  Quite a lot back in the day.

Bob

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM, Robert Friess <[hidden email]> wrote:

> NC101X, love that receiver.  I still have one.  It was my first receiver
> back in 1954.  My dad bought it for me at Henry Radio in LA.
>
> Bob
>

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Vic K2VCO <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I thought I would offer to trade you an HRO-5 and NC-101X for it, but I
>> realized that that
>> wouldn't solve either of our problems!
>>

>> On 9/10/2013 3:08 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for all of the inquiries. The SX-62 has found a new home.
>>>
>>> 73, Wayne N6KR
>>>

>>>  From: Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]> To: Elecraft Reflector

>>> [hidden email].**net <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net Please help support this email
>>> list:
>>> http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
>>>

>> --
>> Vic, K2VCO
>> Fresno CA
>> http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email].**net <[hidden email]>

Re: OT: Hallicrafters SX-62 and external speaker available

g8kbvdave
> From: Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Elecraft] OT: Hallicrafters SX-62 and external speaker available
>
> Someone gave me a vintage Hallicrafters SX-62 receiver with external speaker.
> Both are in fair shape, and could probably be of some value with a good
> cleaning. Based on advice from a radio refurbisher, I have not plugged in the
> receiver, and I'm pretty sure this unit hasn't been plugged in for at least 30
> years. Apparently some collectors like to replace some of the capacitors first.
>
> I'd like to give these away for nothing but my cost of shipping. Otherwise they
> may end up getting recycled in some environmentally correct fashion.
>
> Please email me directly if interested.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR

That would be a nice little domestic friendly RX when restored.

If I thought it'd survive the trip, I'd ask what the shipping cost to the UK would
be, but as above, it would arrive mashed to pieces I suspect, that and I doubt I'd
ever find the time to restore it myself.

Pictures and description:-
http://www.ohio.edu/people/postr/bapix/SX62.htm

73.

Dave G0WBX.