Obsolete trimmer capacitors

Hi Don,

Looks like 9-50 pF bottom-adjust trimmers are going out of style. See info from Paul below on the part we normally use.

Here are two alternatives, in stock at Mouser, that might work, though these are also "NRND"/"EOL" according to documentation. Would you be interested in testing samples of these on the KX1 and K60XV PCBs so we can buy EOL stock? Paul could have samples sent directly to you.

    81-TZ03P600N169B00   (10-60 pF)
    81-TZ03P450N169B00   (7-45 pF)

Please let me know right away. I can line up someone else if necessary. It would be great to have you try them since you work with these modules so often.

tnx
Wayne

On Jan 13, 2014, at 3:34 PM, Paul Russell - Elecraft Purchasing <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Wayne
>
> E540005, Mouser# Obsolete 659-GKG50016   …..This is used on KX1,K60XV   EAU x100

Re: Obsolete trimmer capacitors

Sorry for the bandwidth, guys. Slip of the email alias :)

Now everyone gets an unexpected peak at the joys of finding substitutes for obsolete parts, in this case for the KX1 and K60XV boards.

Not to worry; we always find alternates or work-arounds.

On Jan 13, 2014, at 4:36 PM, Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
> Looks like 9-50 pF bottom-adjust trimmers are going out of style. See info from Paul below on the part we normally use.
>
> Here are two alternatives, in stock at Mouser, that might work, though these are also "NRND"/"EOL" according to documentation. Would you be interested in testing samples of these on the KX1 and K60XV PCBs so we can buy EOL stock? Paul could have samples sent directly to you.
>
>    81-TZ03P600N169B00   (10-60 pF)
>    81-TZ03P450N169B00   (7-45 pF)
>
> Please let me know right away. I can line up someone else if necessary. It would be great to have you try them since you work with these modules so often.
>
> tnx
> Wayne
>

> On Jan 13, 2014, at 3:34 PM, Paul Russell - Elecraft Purchasing <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Wayne
>>
>> E540005, Mouser# Obsolete 659-GKG50016   …..This is used on KX1,K60XV   EAU x100

Re: Obsolete trimmer capacitors

KC6CNN
Thank you Wayne.
It was nice to see a tiny little fraction of what you have to deal with.
And also keeps us up to date too.
Keep up the great work.
Gerald - KC6CNN
 On Jan 13, 2014 6:41 PM, "Wayne Burdick" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry for the bandwidth, guys. Slip of the email alias :)
>
> Now everyone gets an unexpected peak at the joys of finding substitutes
> for obsolete parts, in this case for the KX1 and K60XV boards.
>
> Not to worry; we always find alternates or work-arounds.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>

> On Jan 13, 2014, at 4:36 PM, Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Don,
> >
> > Looks like 9-50 pF bottom-adjust trimmers are going out of style. See
> info from Paul below on the part we normally use.
> >
> > Here are two alternatives, in stock at Mouser, that might work, though
> these are also "NRND"/"EOL" according to documentation. Would you be
> interested in testing samples of these on the KX1 and K60XV PCBs so we can
> buy EOL stock? Paul could have samples sent directly to you.
> >
> >    81-TZ03P600N169B00   (10-60 pF)
> >    81-TZ03P450N169B00   (7-45 pF)
> >
> > Please let me know right away. I can line up someone else if necessary.
> It would be great to have you try them since you work with these modules so
> often.
> >
> > tnx
> > Wayne
> >

> > On Jan 13, 2014, at 3:34 PM, Paul Russell - Elecraft Purchasing <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Wayne
> >>
> >> E540005, Mouser# Obsolete 659-GKG50016   …..This is used on KX1,K60XV
> EAU x100

KC6CNN - Gerald
K3 # 6294
KX3 # 757