Older K3/100s can be updated to avoid possible "ERR 12V" problem

Older K3/100s can be updated to avoid possible "ERR 12V" problem – Early K3s had tin plating on the connectors that supply 12 V DC to the KPAIO3 and KPA3 modules. We discovered that in some climates the tin ...
Wayne, Define "older K3" please. Can you let us know when you started shipping K3's with gold contacts; date or S/N? Thanks! Jack...
Re: Older K3/100s can be updated to avoid possible "ERR12V" problem – Mine is s/n 4795 and showed this problem last week. After turn off it disapeared. So must be it. PY2ADR -----Mensagem Original----- From...
That's odd, as yours is newer than mine, and I'm pretty sure mine has gold plated pins on all connectors. And, my K3 was delivered Aug3, 2010...
I´m not pretty sure but mine was Oct. 2010 but the problem was exactly the same except for the msg error. I didn´t see any but i tried to put mo...
Re: Older K3/100s can be updated to avoid possible"ERR12V" problem – The mod may not solve everything. At C6ATA last november, one of the K3s which had the Elecraft installed pin changes failed again. KB7Q ended up...
Re: Older K3/100s can be updated to avoid possible "ERR12V" problem – I was unaware of this, but I'll check with support to see what they did about it. The station may have been running extremely high duty cycl...
I had a look inside my K3 today. Although it is an early one, S/N 307 it has a new RF board with gold pins.However, these mate with the KPA103 I...
Both the production change and the field modification result in gold- to-gold contacts throughout the 12 V circuit to the PA. Wayne N6KR ...
Thanks Wayne, Does the field modification also include changing pins on the KPA3 PCB, as mine are tin plated ? 73 Stewart G3RXQ On Tue, 14 ...
I'm pretty sure, but check with k3support when you order the mod kit. 73, Wayne N6KR On Feb 14, 2012, at 9:35 AM, Stewart wrote: > T...
Re: Older K3/100s can be updated to avoid possible "ERR12V" problem [more info] – The change was implemented around May of 2009, meaning radios with serial numbers in the low 3000's. If you have a K3/100 more recent than t...
I'll look into the date. tnx Wayne > On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:20 AM, Jack Berry wrote: > >> Wayne, >> Define "older ...