Owner of a MAC and KX3

AB1SX
I am a new ham and just bough a kx3 and own a MAC.  Will I have any problems with updates or communitcating with the kx3?  If so will VMware help?

Re: Owner of a MAC and KX3

Andrew Moore-3
Mac running a recent version of OS X works fine with the KX3. The only
trouble I ran into was trying to reload the factory/original config file -
for some reason the Mac's KX3 Utility wouldn't recognize the file format,
so I moved to a PC and reloaded it there without a problem. You aren'y
likely to need to reload the factory config though - this was due to
another issue I was trying to solve.

If you launch the KX3 Utility and don't see any comm ports in the pulldown
list, you probably don't have the right FTDI USB drivers installed - common
problem that many of us have run into, and easy to fix with a download.

For normal operation you should be all set.

--Andrew, NV1B
..