P3 For Sale

Joe Word-2
For Sale Elecraft P3-F factory built panadapter with optional P3SVGA
adapter for computer monitor use. No scratches and has not been around
tobacco smoke. Serial number 36xx. Comes with original box, manual and
cable set (2 power cables (from P3 or from power supply), RF cable and data
cable). $800 plus shipping. Payment by money order, Cashier's check or
cash. I do not have a Papal account.Contact me at n9vx dot joe at gmail.com

Joe  N9VX

Posting serial numbers

Alan Bloom

Re: Posting serial numbers

Matt Zilmer-3
Maybe they're not sure and don't wan to pull the rig out to take a look?

73,

matt W6NIA

On 12/18/2016 12:12 PM, Alan Bloom wrote:

> [...]

Always store beer in a dark place.  - R. Heinlein

Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
[Shiraz]

Re: Posting serial numbers

Kevin - K4VD
‚ÄčIt might be that the first few numbers kind of indicates the series or age
of the device. This seems common when selling many things. It probably
isn't a secret.

I don't know what someone could do with the serial number of a radio but
who knows these days. That and your date of birth might get all your bank
accounts hacked. (just kidding)

Kev K4VD

Re: Posting serial numbers

Paul Van Dyke
Alan, according to my memory at least on the KX2 and the KX3 it is the
serial number is build into the programming it's in the menu) I can't
remember if it is on the K3 but trying to change that seriall number would
be really rough

Paul ...KB9AVO

On Dec 18, 2016 2:14 PM, "Alan Bloom" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

Re: Posting serial numbers

Alan Bloom

On 12/18/2016 01:13 PM, Kevin - K4VD wrote:

> I don't know what someone could do with the serial number of a radio but
> who knows these days. That and your date of birth might get all your bank
> accounts hacked. (just kidding)

It's probably not a good idea to use your rig's serial number as a
password to your on-line bank account.  :=)

Alan N1AL

Re: Posting serial numbers

Don Wilhelm
All,

The serial number of a transceiver offered for sale is an important
parameter, and because the upgrade kits are offered by Elecraft, the
state of those upgrades that have been installed is also important to
the potential buyer.

The rig's serial number for For Sale listings is important to those
considering the purchase of a used K2.  There was a change in the board
layout to include the prior upgrades at serial number 3000.
If a K2 less than SN 3000 is being offered for sale, the status of the A
to B upgrades and associated mods is a point of great interest.
The cost of the upgrade mod kits is about $160 (includes firmware), so
that needs to be considered when contemplating the purchase of a used K2.

With all that being said, I need to say that a fully upgraded K2 will
perform just as well as a newly built K2.  That goes for a used K3 as
well, but the upgrades that have been done needs to be known.

On 12/18/2016 4:56 PM, Alan Bloom wrote:

> On 12/18/2016 01:13 PM, Kevin - K4VD wrote:
>
>> I don't know what someone could do with the serial number of a radio but
>> who knows these days. That and your date of birth might get all your bank
>> accounts hacked. (just kidding)
>
> It's probably not a good idea to use your rig's serial number as a
> password to your on-line bank account.  :=)
>
> Alan N1AL

Re: Posting serial numbers

ktalbott
If the rig has an unknown pedigree (passed through many flea market sales) omitting the last few digits helps prevent unpleasant knocks on the door from officers wishing to retrieve stolen property.
Ken ke4rg

Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message delivered to [hidden email]