P3_SVGA Refresh Rate

David Ahrendts
I am LOVING the SVGA display option with the K3S and P3. Instant visual window on the band. Quick question for which there is an obvious answer that I just cant see:  the refresh rate for me appears to be a little slow (maybe twice/sec) compared to the P3 display which is real time very fast. Sort of staccato rather than smooth. SVGA set on 1080x1920 on a very sharp 23-inch LG display.

David A., KK6DA, Los Angeles

David Ahrendts   [hidden email]

Re: P3_SVGA Refresh Rate

Dave Hachadorian-2
I also have a nice 24" 1080p monitor.  With the P3 it works a lot
faster running at 1440 x 900 resolution, and looks just as good
to me.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

I am LOVING the SVGA display option with the K3S and P3. Instant
visual window on the band. Quick question for which there is an
obvious answer that I just cant see:  the refresh rate for me
appears to be a little slow (maybe twice/sec) compared to the P3
display which is real time very fast. Sort of staccato rather
than smooth. SVGA set on 1080x1920 on a very sharp 23-inch LG
display.

David A., KK6DA, Los Angeles

David Ahrendts   [hidden email]

Please help support this email list:
http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

Re: P3_SVGA Refresh Rate

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Hi Dave,

The slowest update rate will be when the SVGA is running 1920x1024 and in fixed tune.  Try going to a lower resolution (which will still look pretty good on a hi-res monitor).  I usually run 1280x1024 or 1440x900.   The SVGA is performing a 2048 point FFT, while the P3 is 1024, there's also considerable overhead when in fixed tune mode which adds to the slowdown.

Kind regards,

Paul