P3 Strangeness

Ken Widelitz
My P3, which is turned on when the K3 is turned on isn't working properly.
When turned on, it goes to a red screen, then cycles to a blue sceen, a
black screen and a checkerboard screen. The SVGA screen works properly. Some
of the P3 buttons work, some don't.

Any suggestions?

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT

Re: P3 Strangeness

Ken Widelitz
Hi Mike,

After cycling the power 10 times or so, just as I was going to try the P3
utility to reload the firmware per your suggestion, the P3 started working
again. If the problem comes back, I'll try reloading the firmware.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT

Re: P3 Strangeness

n6hz
Hi Ken,

Have you checked the voltage at the P3 12V input?  On some earlier K3's (sorry I don't have the exact date), the 12V RCA jack on the back of the K3 lacked sufficient current to properly drive a P3 with the SVGA add-in board.  A good test would be to see how the P3 acts when powered directly from an external source.  If you have one of the earlier K3's you can 'order' and install our K312MDKT mod-kit.

Kindly,

Paul