P3 beta software - Span Step NOT "sticky"

P3 beta software - Span Step NOT "sticky"

G4HUE
I have noticed that the Span Step function (which I like) is not "sticky" - in that every time I recycle my radio the feature, if set, is lost. That means I have to go into the menu and reset it. Surely it would be better if the feature was "sticky" like the other features??
What do you think PaulS
Andy G4HUE

Re: P3 beta software - Span Step NOT "sticky"

Michael Eberle
Yes, I noticed the Step Span on mine seemed to reset after a power
cycle.  It also appears to be set on a per band basis.  Is there is a
way to set the REF LVL on a per band basis as well?

Mike
KI0HA

On 2/2/2015 04:31, ANDY NEHAN wrote:

> I have noticed that the Span Step function (which I like) is not "sticky" - in that every time I recycle my radio the feature, if set, is lost. That means I have to go into the menu and reset it. Surely it would be better if the feature was "sticky" like the other features??
> What do you think PaulS
> Andy G4HUE

Re: P3 beta software - Span Step NOT "sticky"

Mike K2MK
Andy & Mike,

The Step Span in not remembered through a power cycle on my P3.

I have different REF LVL adjustments for each band on my P3 and they stay that way through band changes and through power cycles.

I power my P3 from the K3 and I do not use the P3 power button. Could that be a factor in Mike's loss of REF LVL data?

73,
Mike K2MK

Michael Eberle wrote
Yes, I noticed the Step Span on mine seemed to reset after a power
cycle.  It also appears to be set on a per band basis.  Is there is a
way to set the REF LVL on a per band basis as well?

Mike
KI0HA

On 2/2/2015 04:31, ANDY NEHAN wrote:
> I have noticed that the Span Step function (which I like) is not "sticky" - in that every time I recycle my radio the feature, if set, is lost. That means I have to go into the menu and reset it. Surely it would be better if the feature was "sticky" like the other features??
> What do you think PaulS
> Andy G4HUE

Re: P3 beta software - Span Step NOT "sticky"

Paul Saffren N6HZ
I just checked on a newly upgraded P3/SVGA and stepped span is remembered through a power cycle. (I also checked the code just to be sure).  If I turn on stepped span and then power cycle the unit and press the SPAN key, the span is in stepped mode.  If I press a key that I assigned to stepped span, it shows "OFF" when I press it, which means it was previously on.

The P3 (and PX3) save values to non-volatile memory when the data is changed. In other words while you are adjusting it and not when the power switch is pressed, so it doesn't matter if you pull the plug or push the button to power it off.

-Paul