P3 "USB DEVICE REMOVED"

Jean-François Ménard
Hi,

I’m using my USB keyboard with the P3+SVGAboard. The keyboard works great until I power off the P3 then back on. I always have a message on the external VGA display « USB DEVICE REMOVED » and the keyboard doest not work until I unplug the keyboard and plug it back again.

When I turn on the P3, I always see the keyboard usual init flashing green led. When in the terminal mode, I cannot see the K until I unplug then plug again the keyboard.

Any idea ???

Regards,

73 de Jeff | VA2SS

Jeff | VA2SS
Jean-François Ménard

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
www.VA2SS.com <http://www.va2ss.com/>

Message envoyé à partir de mon appareil mobile.
Message sent from my portable device.

Re: P3 "USB DEVICE REMOVED"

Jean-François Ménard
I still do not get it.

What could be different in the initialization process between « to plug a USB keyboard when the P3 is already running » and when the P3 start with a USB keyboard already plugged in ???

I’m very curious to see if another USB initialization state could be added or checked when a user manually enable the SVGA DATA window ON and OFF ???

I guess Wayne or someone involved in the P3 software development could answer this…. hopefully.

Best regards.

73 de Jeff | VA2SS

Jeff | VA2SS
Jean-François Ménard

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
www.VA2SS.com <http://www.va2ss.com/>

Message envoyé à partir de mon appareil mobile.
Message sent from my portable device.

> Le 22 déc. 2016 à 21:03, Jean-François Ménard <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m using my USB keyboard with the P3+SVGAboard. The keyboard works great until I power off the P3 then back on. I always have a message on the external VGA display « USB DEVICE REMOVED » and the keyboard doest not work until I unplug the keyboard and plug it back again.
>
> When I turn on the P3, I always see the keyboard usual init flashing green led. When in the terminal mode, I cannot see the K until I unplug then plug again the keyboard.
>
> Any idea ???
>
> Regards,
>
> 73 de Jeff | VA2SS

> Jeff | VA2SS
> Jean-François Ménard
>
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> www.VA2SS.com <http://www.va2ss.com/>
>
> Message envoyé à partir de mon appareil mobile.
> Message sent from my portable device.

Re: P3 "USB DEVICE REMOVED"

Brendon Whateley
I'd try a different USB keyboard. It may be that your keyboard doesn't boot
up fast enough or has some other timing issue with the P3 USB device
enumeration procedure.

USB isn't a simple serial connection. And a Keyboard is a computer. Welcome
to the modern world.

- Brendon