P3 - utility, a question

G4HUE
I have the latest version of the P3 utility as downloaded from the Elecraft website viz 1.16.3.15. I note that it enables the creation of only 16 macros (the P3 can store 50 macros), and furthermore those macros don't seem to be saved to the P3 itself (but clearly it is a useful way to test macros). I installed my P3 macros using the SVGA macro capability - which itself appears a bit of a kludge. I successfully activate those macros using a keyboard. So I have achieved what I wanted to.
My questions are:
1  Am I right in thinking that the macros created using the P3 utility are not stored on the P3, or have I missed something?? and as a supplementary how would one associate those macros with an activation character?
2  Is the P3 utility regarded as being fully functional as is? or are there plans to enable it to achieve what the SVGA macros entry kludge does??
Andy  G4HUE
K3, P3, KPA500, KAT500

Re: P3 - utility, a question

n6hz
Hi Andy,

I know it can get confusing with all the different macros.  The K3 can be programmed with macros, the P3/SVGA can have keyboard macros saved using a keyboard and each of the Utilities allows macros to be created and used with a mouse click.

The P3/SVGA accessory board allows up to 50 macros and 50 text messages to be stored in the SVGA card.  The P3 Utility macros on the other hand are simply macros that are used entirely within the P3 Utility, they cannot be downloaded or programmed into the P3/SVGA.   A planned future release of P3/SVGA firmware will allow the user to export/edit/import P3/SVGA macros using a USB memory stick.

Kindly,

Paul

Re: P3 - utility, a question

KC6CNN
I sure wish it would display text like the PX3 does.

> On Nov 7, 2016, at 10:41 AM, n6hz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> I know it can get confusing with all the different macros.  The K3 can be
> programmed with macros, the P3/SVGA can have keyboard macros saved using a
> keyboard and each of the Utilities allows macros to be created and used with
> a mouse click.
>
> The P3/SVGA accessory board allows up to 50 macros and 50 text messages to
> be stored in the SVGA card.  The P3 Utility macros on the other hand are
> simply macros that are used entirely within the P3 Utility, they cannot be
> downloaded or programmed into the P3/SVGA.   A planned future release of
> P3/SVGA firmware will allow the user to export/edit/import P3/SVGA macros
> using a USB memory stick.
>
> Kindly,
>
> Paul

KC6CNN - Gerald