PX3:can see my transmitted signal

Don Baucom
This post was updated on .
This may have been this way the whole time and I did not notice. When I transmit I can see my signal just to the right of the green line. I don't remember this on the P3 or perhaps I just didn't notice. Is this as it should be

Don

Re: PX3 can see my tramsmiited signal

Don Wilhelm
Don,

Theoretically, it should not be present, but practically, it may happen
and does not represent a problem.
Nor does it give you a guaranteed accurate representation of your
transmit signal - it is simply due to some leakage path.  It may be OK
to view as representative of your transmit waveform, but the amplitude
is not necessarily correct.

On 1/26/2017 1:16 PM, Don Baucom wrote:
> This may have been this way the whole time and I did not notice. When I
> transmit I can see my signal just to the right of the green line. I don't
> remember this on the P3 or perhaps I just didn't notice. Is this as it
> should be

Re: PX3 can see my tramsmiited signal

EUGENE GABRY
I have noticed this occasionally, very sporadically with my K3S/P3. It seems to happen in SSB mode when contesting and running. I notice that sometimes the P3 will be sluggish transitioning back to RX from TX. Sometimes it can be a 2 to 3 second delay. If I begin another CQ call before it completely switches to RX, the P3 will display a TX wave form.
I first noticed it when running N1MM logger, and someone on the reflector here gave advise to reduce the polling from N1MM. That seemed to help when running N1MM. But there have been a couple of times when not running N1MM, in SSB, I notice the hang delay in the P3 from switching back to RX, and have been able to reproduce displaying my TX wave form by going back into TX just before it seems to want to transition back to RX.
Not sure what causes the sporadic delay. I'd say 99.9% of the time there is no delay in switching.

Kinda strange, but no biggie.

Gene
N9TF
K3S 10057