Re: K3 Loss of CW+SSB

Bill W
Hi Don,

QRQ is Off.
Even checked it for each band, still no joy.

Bill - W0BBI

Re; K3 Loss of CW+SSB

Bill W

Hi Bill, AE6JV

Checked with "vox" on and off. No joy.

Just to clarify, I do get one "dit" or one "dash" but no more when I hit the key.

Thanks,
Bill - W0BBI

Re; K3 Loss of CW+SSB

Bill W
 OK. I just did some additional checking and it appears the my problem is not with the K3, but with the interface. My Navigator USB is not allowing the for transmit in SSB mode. I was able to confirm this by bypassing the Navigator and using the K3 internal keyer.  All is well when operated in that configuration.

Sorry to take up time and space here. On to the Navigator configuration site.

Thanks,
Bill - W0BBI

Re: Re; K3 Loss of CW+SSB

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

An interface can not generate PTT during CW if you are going to use
"CW in SSB" with the K3.  As soon as the external PTT is closed, the
K3 switches into SSB mode (e.g., at most one dit or dah).

microHAM microKEYER II handles this condition correctly by suppressing
PTT during CW if "CW in SSB" support is selected and the interface
determines that the K3 is in USB/LSB by decoding mode from the CAT
stream.

On 10/29/2013 3:13 PM, Bill Wiehe wrote:

>   OK. I just did some additional checking and it appears the my problem is not with the K3, but with the interface. My Navigator USB is not allowing the for transmit in SSB mode. I was able to confirm this by bypassing the Navigator and using the K3 internal keyer.  All is well when operated in that configuration.
>
> Sorry to take up time and space here. On to the Navigator configuration site.
>

> Thanks,
> Bill - W0BBI

Re; K3 Loss of CW+SSB - FINAL

Bill W
In a effort to close the loop on this thread, the Navigator required the PTT to be off in the Configuration menu to allow cross mode operation.

Thanks to all here as well as Clint KK7UG & Greg AB7R on the Navigator Reflector for their help.

Best 73,
Bill - W0BBI

________________________________

 OK. I just did some additional checking and it appears the my problem is not with the K3, but with the interface. My Navigator USB is not allowing the for transmit in SSB mode. I was able to confirm this by bypassing the Navigator and using the K3 internal keyer.  All is well when operated in that configuration.

Sorry to take up time and space here. On to the Navigator configuration site.

Thanks,
Bill - W0BBI

Re: Re; K3 Loss of CW+SSB

Bill Frantz
Glad to hear you got the Navigator working.

When I was operating SSB on 80M in the California QSO Party, I
was using a Little Tarheel antenna. I was always having to tune
the antenna since it has a SWR bandwidth of about 10KHz on 80M.
I could easily tune it while transmitting the club call (W6ZZZ)
doing search and pounce. (Of course with 12 watts, everyone I
managed to contact said I was way down in the noise.) The K3
nicely supported tuning and transmitting at the same time.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV