Re: [KX3] KX2 Bone Head Mistake pure and simple...

Re: [KX3] KX2 Bone Head Mistake pure and simple...

vk2rq
Not ordering a charger from Elecraft is an oversight, easily corrected. Ripping out protection circuitry from a Li Ion battery is a bonehead mistake :-)

73, Matt VK2RQ

                _____________________________

Re: [KX3] KX2 Bone Head Mistake pure and simple...

Phil Wheeler-2
Hi, Phil --

Well, you could buy the charger -- and operate off
an external supply (like some battery, even!)
while you wait for it ;-)

73, Phil W7OX

On 6/1/16 10:27 AM, Phil Townsend Lontz
[hidden email] [KX3] wrote:

> So,I bought a KX2, a battery and an ATU... All
> working FB. But did I buy a battery charger???
> Well, no, I have battery chargers in fact a
> bunch all designed to charge a wide variety of
> LION or LIPO or nicads lead acid or Nickle
> metal  etc. But I cant charge the Elecraft Battery.
> It seems that to charge the battery one needs
> the Elecraft Battery charger. I did not buy the
> Elecraft Charger... Bonehead MISTAKE.
>
> So the question is.... How to charge that battery?
> Must I strip out all of the protection to charge
> it or is there a simple way around?
>
> Thank You
>
> Phil
> K5SSR
> Santa Fe, NM

Re: [KX3] KX2 Bone Head Mistake pure and simple...

Mike Maloney
Is KX2 somehow restricted to the KXBT2, 11V (3 cell?) battery pack?   I cant find DC input voltage range listed in the specifications on the Elecraft website.
Thanks,
Mike  AC5P

[hidden email] [KX3] wrote:

> So,I bought a KX2, a battery and an ATU... All
> working FB. But did I buy a battery charger???
> Well, no, I have battery chargers in fact a
> bunch all designed to charge a wide variety of
> LION or LIPO or nicads lead acid or Nickle
> metal  etc. But I cant charge the Elecraft Battery.
> It seems that to charge the battery one needs
> the Elecraft Battery charger. I did not buy the
> Elecraft Charger... Bonehead MISTAKE.
>
> So the question is.... How to charge that battery?
> Must I strip out all of the protection to charge
> it or is there a simple way around?
>
> Thank You
>
> Phil
> K5SSR
> Santa Fe, NM

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net/

Re: [KX3] KX2 Bone Head Mistake pure and simple...

Bob Nielsen-4
It can run from an external supply. Per the manual it takes 8-15v.

73, Bob N7XY

On 6/1/16 2:36 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Is KX2 somehow restricted to the KXBT2, 11V (3 cell?) battery pack?   I cant find DC input voltage range listed in the specifications on the Elecraft website.
> Thanks,
> Mike  AC5P
>
>      On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 3:54 PM, Phil Wheeler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>   Hi, Phil --
>
> Well, you could buy the charger -- and operate off
> an external supply (like some battery, even!)
> while you wait for it ;-)
>
> 73, Phil W7OX
>
> On 6/1/16 10:27 AM, Phil Townsend Lontz
> [hidden email] [KX3] wrote:
>> So,I bought a KX2, a battery and an ATU... All
>> working FB. But did I buy a battery charger???
>> Well, no, I have battery chargers in fact a
>> bunch all designed to charge a wide variety of
>> LION or LIPO or nicads lead acid or Nickle
>> metal  etc. But I cant charge the Elecraft Battery.
>> It seems that to charge the battery one needs
>> the Elecraft Battery charger. I did not buy the
>> Elecraft Charger... Bonehead MISTAKE.
>>
>> So the question is.... How to charge that battery?
>> Must I strip out all of the protection to charge
>> it or is there a simple way around?
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>> Phil
>> K5SSR
>> Santa Fe, NM

> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net/

Re: [KX3] KX2 Bone Head Mistake pure and simple...

Nr4c
BUY THE $&@( ELECRAFT CHARGER!  There, how simple is that?

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill