Re: Kit Building

gm3sek
>Assembling a kit rig is just like any other important activity:
>
>If you don't have time to do it right, you must find time to do it
over.

That brought back a quote from the '70s:

"Assembly of Japanese bicycle require great peace of mind."

Assembly of Elecraft kit, likewise.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Re: Kit Building

Gary Gregory-2
I have been reading many good tips bit I didn't see the egg carton.
I used that, and being somewhat of a clutz, I bumped it and spent a long time on hands and knees playing 52 pickup.
Next time I will secure it with Velcro :-)
Gary

>Assembling a kit rig is just like any other important activity:
>
>If you don't have time to do it right, you must find time to do it
over.

That brought back a quote from the '70s:

"Assembly of Japanese bicycle require great peace of mind."

Assembly of Elecraft kit, likewise.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Re: Kit Building

Clay Autery
Tried egg cartons once.....  ONCE.  Never again.

As indicated earlier, I use Ziploc bags (freezer) a lot to segregate
sub-assembly parts...  but for organizing my Elecraft builds (and
storing spares, et al), I also bought out Bass Pro on Plano #3600 boxes
and a couple others for larger parts and then bought a couple of 6x
racks to hold them all.
I can't stand a messy bench.  And HATE searching through a "pile-o-hardware"

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389