SVGA monitor for P3

Carl Yaffey
Looking for recommendations for an SVGA monitor to work with the P3.

Carl Yaffey  K8NU
Recording studio.
[hidden email]
614 268 6353, Columbus OH
http://www.carl-yaffey.com
http://www.grassahol.com

Re: SVGA monitor for P3

Elecraft mailing list

I run 3 monitors on my computer and instead of dedicating a monitor to the P3's SVGA card I useda VGA Capture card that way I can put it in a window on my desktop and resize or move it around.

Re: SVGA monitor for P3

Jeff Griffin
I recently received a P3SVGA as a Christmas present and would like to redirect its SVGA 1920 by 1080 output fully to an existing PC's monitor as a scalable window via a USB 2.0 port. Anyone doing this please share what hardware and software your using to accomplish this. Thanks in advance...

73 Jeff kb2m

I run 3 monitors on my computer and instead of dedicating a monitor to the P3's SVGA card I useda VGA Capture card that way I can put it in a window on my desktop and resize or move it around.

Re: SVGA monitor for P3

Don Wilhelm
Jeff,

For about the same price as a VGA capture device, you may want to
consider an LP-Pan2.  Connect it to the P3 IF out and connect LP-Pan2 to
a good quality soundcard.
Running NaP3 or Win4K3 on the computer will give you a panadapter
display in a resizable window.

The text decode area of the SVGA display will not be present, but then I
do not know what you want to see from the SVGA option.

On 12/28/2016 9:48 AM, Jeff Griffin wrote:
> I recently received a P3SVGA as a Christmas present and would like to redirect its SVGA 1920 by 1080 output fully to an existing PC's monitor as a scalable window via a USB 2.0 port. Anyone doing this please share what hardware and software your using to accomplish this. Thanks in advance...

Re: SVGA monitor for P3

tomb18
HiAbout the only option for a USB capture device for VGA these days is an Epiphan AV.IO HD. It will use a USB 2 interface but 1920x1080 is unlikely to work very well mainly because the refresh rate at 1920x1080 appears a bit too slow. Other resolutoons are fine. These options are expensive.There is one pcie board also available from  StarTech and they also have a USB 3 device as well. Again expensive.The cheapest option is to find a used avermedia hd game broadcaster or Epiphan vga2usb on ebay.All these options will work with Win4k3 and give full mouse poimt and click control as long as you have a 64 bit operating system.There would be many more inexpensive capture devices if the svga was updated to hdmi.73 Tom

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Jeff Griffin <[hidden email]> Date: 2016-12-28  9:48 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: 'Elecraft Reflector' <[hidden email]> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SVGA monitor for P3
I recently received a P3SVGA as a Christmas present and would like to redirect its SVGA 1920 by 1080 output fully to an existing PC's monitor as a scalable window via a USB 2.0 port. Anyone doing this please share what hardware and software your using to accomplish this. Thanks in advance...

73 Jeff kb2m

I run 3 monitors on my computer and instead of dedicating a monitor to the P3's SVGA card I useda VGA Capture card that way I can put it in a window on my desktop and resize or move it around.

Re: SVGA monitor for P3

Jeff Griffin
 Well Don, this whole quest started when I started using Flex radios
alongside my K3. I was running an original LP-Pan with NaP3 s/w happily for
years. I bought a fullduplex FlexRadio VU5K to use on Satellites and found
that I had problems trying to run two copies of PowerSDR simultaneously in
the same PC. As I had no room to setup another PC up here, something had to
go. It was the LP-Pan , soundcard setup. I then purchased a P3 to replace
it. The P3 is fine but I desired a larger panadaptor display for HF, but I
don't even have a lot of room for another monitor.  That's where I'm at
right now. On the advise of Tom I found an open box Epiphan vga2usb on ebay.
I made an offer of about 1/2 the cost of a new one and it was excepted. I
should have it in a few days. If it doesn't work as expected, I can give it
to my son for his gaming system. Merry Christmas...

 What I don't understand about this is why would anyone want to buy a P3
then use its IF out to drive a LP-Pan? The text decode stuff?

HNY and
73 Jeff kb2m

For about the same price as a VGA capture device, you may want to consider
an LP-Pan2.  Connect it to the P3 IF out and connect LP-Pan2 to a good
quality soundcard.
Running NaP3 or Win4K3 on the computer will give you a panadapter display in
a resizable window.

The text decode area of the SVGA display will not be present, but then I do
not know what you want to see from the SVGA option.

On 12/28/2016 9:48 AM, Jeff Griffin wrote:
> I recently received a P3SVGA as a Christmas present and would like to
redirect its SVGA 1920 by 1080 output fully to an existing PC's monitor as a
scalable window via a USB 2.0 port. Anyone doing this please share what
hardware and software your using to accomplish this. Thanks in advance...

Re: SVGA monitor for P3

N8LP
Actually, Don, there is a text decode window available in NaP3 for the
K3 or KX3, and it's independently movable and sizable.

Larry N8LP

On 12/28/2016 10:04 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]

ke9uw
Well...the whole idea of the SVGA option is to have a simple big screen. I'm using an ACER S202HL monitor. 20 inch. Works well...no computer, sound card, dodads, or other stuff involved. Two wires, power and video cable.
Chuck, KE9UW