Soon to be an Elecraft(er)!

john@kk9a.com
What is the roofing filter calibration process?  I do not recall seeing
anything other than offset and gain settings in the manual.

John KK9A

From: Bob K2TK

I'd look at and  consider moving the roofing filters up on the priority
list because of the calibration required.

73,

Bob
K2TK

Re: Soon to be an Elecraft(er)!

Bob-270
It is in the roofing filter manual, here:

http://www.elecraft.com/manual/E740165%20Elecraft%20KXFL3%20Option%20Rev%20A3%20-%20ECO%2001985.pdf

73,
Bob
K2TK

On 10/6/2016 3:57 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> What is the roofing filter calibration process?  I do not recall seeing
> anything other than offset and gain settings in the manual.
>
> John KK9A
>

> From: Bob K2TK
>
> I'd look at and  consider moving the roofing filters up on the priority
> list because of the calibration required.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob
> K2TK

Fwd: Soon to be an Elecraft(er)!

Raymond Sills
It’s not particularly difficult to calibrate the filter.  Since I built a kit KX3, I already had an anti-static mat, and also had an XG3 signal generator.  You don’t need the signal generator, but it made things easy.  The filter comes with an small wire loop and pigtail that permits you to grab a 16 MHz signal from the rig itself.  16 MHz is close enough to 14 MHz, that you’ll be able to do the calibration.

It’s not hard at all.  (see that installation manual via the link below).

73 de Ray
K2ULR
KX3 #211

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Bob <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Soon to be an Elecraft(er)!
> Date: October 6, 2016 at 4:19:23 PM EDT
> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, Elecraft Reflector <[hidden email]>
>
> It is in the roofing filter manual, here:
>
> http://www.elecraft.com/manual/E740165%20Elecraft%20KXFL3%20Option%20Rev%20A3%20-%20ECO%2001985.pdf
>
> 73,
> Bob
> K2TK

>> What is the roofing filter calibration process?  I do not recall seeing
>> anything other than offset and gain settings in the manual.
>>
>> John KK9A
>>

>> From: Bob K2TK
>>
>> I'd look at and  consider moving the roofing filters up on the priority
>> list because of the calibration required.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Bob
>> K2TK

Re: Soon to be an Elecraft(er)!

john@kk9a.com
My mistake, I was thinking of the K3S transceiver.

John KK9A

Sent from my Smartphone.