Transverter Problems

NZ1I
Hi Folks,

I am adding the xv 432 to my K2 station. I have previously setup and run the other three- XV 50, 144, and 222, without any problems.

Upon adding the XV 432 to  ADR 4 and TRN 4, Both the XV 222 and 432 light up when I go to TRN 3 for the 222 txvr. When I go to TRN 4, both go out and 432 still does not work.

I have checked all the Switches inside the XV's so that are set properly, i .e. 1 on for xv 50, 2 on for xv 144, 3 on for xv 222 and 4 on for xv 432.

If I operate the xv 432 or 222 by itself they seem to work fine.

Any help would be Appreciated!!

73, Kevin NZ1I
K2 # 7362 all bells and whistles

Re: Transverter Problems

Don Wilhelm-4
Kevin,

Check both the XV222 and the XV432 for the values of R30, R31, R32 , R33
and R35.
Then check for any solder bridges at those resistors and also at SW1.
You may be able to shorten the checking procedure by seeing if either
responds to both TRN3 and TRN4.  The one that responds to both is the
one at fault.