Tuning the KAT500 and Setting Memories Automatically By Program Control

Tuning the KAT500 and Setting Memories Automatically By Program Control

Phil Hystad-3
So, I was erasing my KAT500 memories and then going about the retune process to create new memory LC values across the bands.  This was a recommended step by Wayne with the latest firmware updates on KAT500.

Why not have a program do this.

It seems to me that you could write a program that would simultaneously be connected to two devices: the KAT500 and K3 (for instance).  Then, the program, interacting with the K3 and the KAT500 would automatically step through each band using a frequency interval parameter (enterable by user on per band basis) to automatically recreate tuned LC memory values.

This program would be different than other utility programs in that it would be connected to two COM ports simultaneously.

I assume that all of the programming features of the K3 (or, KX3) and KAT500 are sufficient to execute this type of operation.

I would think about doing this myself but I am in the midst of redoing my Chess playing program in Mathematica.

73, phil, K7PEH

P.S.  Or, has this been done already.

Re: Tuning the KAT500 and Setting Memories Automatically By Program Control

Bob-270
Hi Phil,

            Sounds like a great idea!   However each step should have a manual
activation.  Would not want it tuning over other activity and just moving to
next point.  I guess if it kept track of filled "bins" you could run thru it a
few times to load the incomplete band bins..

73,
Bob
K2TK