Upgrade problem with new K3

K4GM-George
I received my K3 a week ago and loaded the latest software using the
Elecraft utility. All went well. Yesterday I activated the utility and
upgraded to the latest firmware. But when I go to CONFIG:SW/TONE I
cannot go from OFF to ON. No matter how many times I turn VFO A all I
see is OFF.  No one else is complaining about not being able to get the
tones for the buttons so I am certain this is a case of operator error
attributable to my lack of experience updating the firmware.   Does
anyone know what I am doing wrong?

K4GM- George

Re: Upgrade problem with new K3

Don Wilhelm-4
George,

The switch tone function is not in the latest release software, but it
is in the latest beta version 2.58.  There is a difference between
official release and beta versions.  The normal K3 Utility setting will
download the last official release, but to download the beta versions,
one must follow the instructions at
http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm.