Quantcast

Upgraded KAT3A and KPA3A?

ke9uw
I was thinking of buying a K3s and making my original K3 a qrp rig. Maybe selling it. Is there any reason to buy the new KPA3A and KAT2A instead of moving the original KPA3 and KAT3 into the new K3s? Are the A versions different?
Chuck, KE9UW

Re: Upgraded KAT3A and KPA3A?

David Windisch
Hi, all concerned:

QUOTE:
I was thinking of buying a K3s and making my original K3 a qrp rig.
Maybe selling it.
Is there any reason to buy the new KPA3A and KAT2A (sic) instead of moving the original KPA3 and KAT3 into the new K3s?
Are the A versions different?
UNQUOTE

Me too, OM.

It may help to read the K3S FAQ:     http://www.elecraft.com/manual/K3S-FAQ%20rev%20C9.pdf

Brgds,
Dave, N3HE

Re: Upgraded KAT3A and KPA3A?

ke9uw
Thanks to the replies, I remember now some of the differences. Thanks for the FAQ.
Looks like I might as well get a new radio if I am getting a new radio :)
Chuck, KE9UW