Using K3 w/AS original Bandmaster band decoder

Using K3 w/AS original Bandmaster band decoder

AB2E Darrell
Hello,

I just purchased a used Bandmaster (Array Solutions) band decoder. The manual does not have any settings listed for Elecraft.

Could someone using a K3/original Bandmaster combo please email me offlist and let me know which settings you used?

There is a one line mention of using a K2 with the Kenwood setting but no details.

Thanks and 73,
Darrell AB2E

Re: Using K3 w/AS original Bandmaster band decoder

Bill Frantz
I'm away from my K3 information, but I believe the band lines
from the K3 (and K3S) are compatible with the Kenwood encoding.
The one gotcha is that the encoding for 60 meters is the same as
when the radio is powered off.

73 Bill AE6JV

On 8/10/16 at 7:19 PM, [hidden email] (AB2E Darrell) wrote:

>I just purchased a used Bandmaster (Array Solutions) band
>decoder. The manual does not have any settings listed for Elecraft.
>

>Could someone using a K3/original Bandmaster combo please email
>me offlist and let me know which settings you used?
>
>There is a one line mention of using a K2 with the Kenwood setting but no details.

Re: Using K3 w/AS original Bandmaster band decoder

Joe Subich, W4TV-4
On 8/10/2016 10:39 AM, Bill Frantz wrote:
> I believe the band lines from the K3 (and K3S) are compatible with
> the Kenwood encoding.

*YAESU* encoding - Kenwood does not provide "band data" outputs.