Using KXV3B preamp with K144XV

David Pratt
I note that the preamp feature within the KXV3B is effective on the 24,
28 and 50MHz bands (6, 10 & 12 meters).  But, is it possible to
configure it for use with the K144XV internal 2m transverter which uses
an IF of 28MHz?   I thought this might be possible.

73 de David G4DMP

--
 + - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |

Re: Using KXV3B preamp with K144XV

gm3sek
G4DMP wrote:
>I note that the preamp feature within the KXV3B is effective on the 24,
>28 and 50MHz bands (6, 10 & 12 meters).  But, is it possible to
>configure it for use with the K144XV internal 2m transverter which uses
>an IF of 28MHz?   I thought this might be possible.

More gain at the 28MHz IF would be the worst possible option from the
viewpoint of dynamic range on 144MHz.

If your K144XV meets the specification in the data sheet (system MDS
-144dBm, and assuming a 500Hz bandwidth) then you should be hearing 2m
antenna noise quite clearly in your suburban location.

73 from Ian GM3SEK