Quantcast

Wanted to share a beautiful hand made key with you.

Wanted to share a beautiful hand made key with you.

KC6CNN
This post was updated on .
Hello everyone on the reflector.
I have recently really started enjoying CW again.
I am relearning the code and have made some wonderful contacts.
I was lucky enough to purchase a K8RA P5 Big Dog key from Jerry before his passing. It is 7 lbs of beautiful brass made in the USA key.
I then wanted to own a straight key. So I purchased a Begali Blade Straight Key. When it came in I could not believe how big it was, but it was so smooth.
I then learned of a first class key maker that made all of his straight keys by hand in his work shop.
He makes these beautiful titanic keys and the quality is so impressive. He also makes a Ericsson Key which is a swiss pump style key. They looked awesome too. I spoke with this gentleman and he informed me he was going to make a new key and I could purchase serial number 1 from him. The key he as going to make was the Marconi PS 213 key. I agreed right off the bat to own this key. I researched it and they looked really nice. I received my key a day ago and all I can saw is wow. I could only stand there and be amazed with it. First thing that grabs you is its massive size, and then its beauty. I adjusted it to my sending style with is really no movement on the arm and it was sweet. Super smooth and really fine adjustments.
I decided I needed to share this key with everyone on this reflector so I took a picture of it in front of my K3.
I hope this photo shows up and I hope it does justice to how beautiful the key is and I know it will show its massive size.
This Key was built by Mr. John Wellings from Birmingham England. He is truly a master craftsman.
Marconi PS213 Key

Thanks
Gerald Manthey - KC6CNN
KC6CNN - Gerald
K1 # 0014
K3 # 6294
KX3 # 757

Re: Wanted to share a beautiful hand made key with you.

Larry W0LRF
Great looking key,
Where can a guy get one of these?
Larry
K3s 10531
P3

On Jan 3, 2016, at 7:07 PM, Larry W0LRF [via Elecraft] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Great looking key,
Where can a guy get one of these?
Larry
K3s 10531
P3

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Wanted-to-share-a-beautiful-hand-made-key-with-you-tp7611066p7612242.html
To unsubscribe from Wanted to share a beautiful hand made key with you., click here.
NAML
KC6CNN - Gerald
K1 # 0014
K3 # 6294
KX3 # 757

Re: Wanted to share a beautiful hand made key with you.

KC6CNN
​Larry

He makes a classic key like the Kent key, but nicer. He also makes a Ericsson Swiss pump key " I want one of those too." and then I have the first of the Marconi PS213 key he made.
His email is [hidden email]  Tell him you saw mine and got his info from me.
They are very nice hand made keys and very reasonable in price.
On his web site you can watch him make the keys. interesting videos.
73 Gerald KC6CNN

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 7:31 PM, Gerald Manthey <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jan 3, 2016, at 7:07 PM, Larry W0LRF [via Elecraft] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Great looking key,
Where can a guy get one of these?
Larry
K3s 10531
P3

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Wanted-to-share-a-beautiful-hand-made-key-with-you-tp7611066p7612242.html
To unsubscribe from Wanted to share a beautiful hand made key with you., click here.
NAML

KC6CNN - Gerald
K1 # 0014
K3 # 6294
KX3 # 757

Re: Wanted to share a beautiful hand made key with you.

Michael Murphy
Wow!  That would (almost) make me want to use a straight key again.

Very nice!

--------------------------------------
Michael Murphy -KI8R

[hidden email]

twitter.com/ki8r

www.ki8r.com

614-371-8265
--------------------------------------

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

> -----
> KC6CNN - Gerald
> K1 # 0014
> K2 # 5486
> K3 # 6294
> KX3 # 757

Re: Wanted to share a beautiful hand made key with you.

Charlie T, K3ICH
My dad was in the jewelry business so I gold
plated my J-38.  It looked great, but as I
remember, it really didn't help my sloppy sending
very much.

73, Charlie k3ICH

Re: Wanted to share a beautiful hand made key with you.

NK7Z
But it was cool anyway!!!  :)
--
Thanks and 73's,