Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

wrmoore
Does anyone have the wiring for the CM500 to connect to the K2? Or
just the pin-out for the CM500 stereo
connector?

Tnx es 73
Randy, KS4L

Re: Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

wrmoore
It's the mic connector I'm asking about. This is probably a dumb
question, but it's only the second mic I've ever owned in about 45
years of hamming!

Randy

On Jan 15, 2010, at 8:59 AM, Randy Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone have the wiring for the CM500 to connect to the K2? Or
> just the pin-out for the CM500 stereo
> connector?
>
> Tnx es 73
> Randy, KS4L

Re: Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

Jim Brown-10
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

wrmoore
Excellet!  Thanks, Jim!

Randy

On Jan 15, 2010, at 11:06 AM, "Jim Brown" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:03:55 -0600, Randy Moore wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have the wiring for the CM500 to connect to the K2? Or
>> just the pin-out for the CM500 stereo connector?
>
> Connect the "tip" of the CM500 mic connector to the mic input pin of
> the
> K2, connect the "ring" of the CM500 mic connector to the +DC pin on
> the
> K2 mic connector through a resistor of about 5K (value not critical),
> and connect the "shell" of the CM500 mic connector to the shell of the
> K2 mic connector.
>
> Two ways to do this. For both you need to buy an 8-pin connector.
> Method
> 1) Cut the connector off the CM500, strip the wires and identify which
> color goes to which pin. Strip the wires from the headset and wire
> them
> to the 8-pin connector.
>
> Method 2) Don't cut any wires. Buy a female 1/8-inch jack from Full
> Compass (a very good pro audio vendor in Madison, WI) and make an
> adapter.
>
> http://www.fullcompass.com/product/339102.html
>
> You'll pay $1.30 for one connector and about $8 to ship it. :)  That's
> silly, of course, but it's how life is. So instead of buying only one
> connector, think about other connectors you need and stock up. I did
> this about two weeks ago and bought ten each of four types of hard to
> find connectors.
>
> I strongly recommend method 2. You'll find that this mic and
> headphones
> work really well on a computer, and on the K3. For these uses, you
> need
> no adapter at all -- they plug straight in.
>
> Note that I haven't identified which pins on the K2 connector are
> which
> -- that depends on how you wired it when you built it, so check the
> K2
> manual and your build notes for that detail.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim Brown K9YC

Re: Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

bsbroadcast49
BS Broadcast is a global market leader in supplying of broadcast equipment
specializing in used broadcast equipment. Now we are selling  RTS INTERCOM
SYSTEMS
<https://www.bsbroadcast.com/ericsson-rx8200-mpeg2-mpeg4-sd-hd-4-2-0-dvb-s2-8psk-receiver-multi-service-decryption-biss-and-down-conversion-22033.html>

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/