advice please

KC6CNN
I have been trouble shooting a problem that arose in the shack.
The problem is that while in a qso my kat500 will start rising in SWR's.
I decided to check the system out by hooking a dummy load to the coax connector at the tower.
The K Line performs as expected. SWR are 1:1 and it sits there during key down never changing.
So I hooked up the antenna again and tried it. After the tune the SWR is 1:1. If I sit there with it keyed for a little bit, I start seeing the swr rise and it faults.
Something is breaking down.
I have a Ultimax End feed no tuner needed antenna. It is basically a 9:1 UN UN connected to a 133' of wire. The shielded end is on the UN UN is connected to a 8 foot cooper ground rod.

So my question is other than the 9:1 UN UN inside the little box breaking down because of heat, is there any other thing I should check? I wanted to check everything before calling UltiMax tomorrow.
I think I have ruled out coax, and station but running it in dummy load. I can run qrp all day long on the antenna with 5 watts, even at 100 the swr's do not start rising. But I only run my amp at about 400 watts max on power and it starts rising with that amount of power.

Any suggestions or opinions are welcomed.
Thank you
Gerald

KC6CNN - Gerald
K1 # 0014
K3 # 6294
KX3 # 757

Re: advice please

KC6CNN
Thank you to those that emailed me directly.
Thanks for your help.
Gerald
KC6CNN - Gerald
K1 # 0014
K3 # 6294
KX3 # 757

Re: advice please

Bill-3
Sadly, this query and the associated replies were handled outside of
this resource - thwarting the purpose of this mail list. A point of
learning lost.

Bill W2BLC K-Line

--
Many of life's problems can be solved by simply deciding what
we can do without. - John Dolan

Re: advice please

Lynn W. Taylor, WB6UUT-2
Could not have said it better myself.

I realize that a lot of us get tired of the especially long,
uninteresting threads, especially if we don't own a Silverado or somesuch.

The flipside is that really good information is lost forever when
replies go off-list.

73 -- Lynn

On 6/29/2017 8:09 AM, Bill wrote:
> Sadly, this query and the associated replies were handled outside of
> this resource - thwarting the purpose of this mail list. A point of
> learning lost.
>
> Bill W2BLC K-Line

Re: advice please

Bill Frantz
Back in the good old days, when the Internet was an academic
toy, and the users were friends, the standard was, "Please reply
directly to me and I'll summarize for the list." This approach
should work nicely on this list as well. I've used it once or
twice myself.

73 Bill AE6JV