paddles directly to K3 - not working

Jorge Diez - CX6VM-2
Hello

after many year with paddles connected to SO2R and WKUSB boxes, now I want
to setup a second station for the contest.

All is OK with N1MM sending messages stores in function keys, but I
couldn´t get working the paddles connected directly to KEY in the back of K3

No send dits, and dots are very slow and dont vary if I increase SPEED in
the K3

Any suggestions to check in MENU or CONFIG?

thanks!
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

Re: paddles directly to K3 - not working

Guy Olinger K2AV
Hi, Jorge,

The Key jack is for a hand key, bug, or a binary keyed stream from the
logging program/WinKey box/etc.

Paddles directly to the K3 internal keyer need to be connected to the
"PADDLE" jack and the only way to affect the speed of the K3 internal keyer
is the speed control on the front panel of the K3.

73, Guy K2AV

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> after many year with paddles connected to SO2R and WKUSB boxes, now I want
> to setup a second station for the contest.
>
> All is OK with N1MM sending messages stores in function keys, but I
> couldn´t get working the paddles connected directly to KEY in the back of
> K3
>
> No send dits, and dots are very slow and dont vary if I increase SPEED in
> the K3
>
> Any suggestions to check in MENU or CONFIG?
>
> thanks!
> Jorge
> CX6VM/CW5W

Re: paddles directly to K3 - not working

Jorge Diez - CX6VM-2
Thanks Guy, Kent and Jim

working now

73,
Jorge

> Hi, Jorge,
>
> The Key jack is for a hand key, bug, or a binary keyed stream from the
> logging program/WinKey box/etc.
>
> Paddles directly to the K3 internal keyer need to be connected to the
> "PADDLE" jack and the only way to affect the speed of the K3 internal keyer
> is the speed control on the front panel of the K3.
>
> 73, Guy K2AV
>
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> after many year with paddles connected to SO2R and WKUSB boxes, now I want
>> to setup a second station for the contest.
>>
>> All is OK with N1MM sending messages stores in function keys, but I
>> couldn´t get working the paddles connected directly to KEY in the back of
>> K3
>>
>> No send dits, and dots are very slow and dont vary if I increase SPEED in
>> the K3
>>
>> Any suggestions to check in MENU or CONFIG?
>>
>> thanks!
>> Jorge
>> CX6VM/CW5W

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

Re: paddles directly to K3 - not working

Jorge,

Plug paddles into the PADDLE jack.  The KEY jack is for hand key or the
output from an external keyer.

On 2/17/2017 3:02 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:

> Hello
>
> after many year with paddles connected to SO2R and WKUSB boxes, now I want
> to setup a second station for the contest.
>
> All is OK with N1MM sending messages stores in function keys, but I
> couldn´t get working the paddles connected directly to KEY in the back of K3
>
> No send dits, and dots are very slow and dont vary if I increase SPEED in
> the K3

Re: paddles directly to K3 - not working

Hank Garretson
> ... and the only way to affect the speed of the K3 internal keyer
> is the speed control on the front panel of the K3.

I think keyer speed can be set using CAT command.

KS (Keyer Speed; GET/SET)
> SET/RSP format: KSnnn; where nnn is 008-050 (8-50 WPM).

CW Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX